New to TW

Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
delmandi is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Mark
delmandi's Tacoma Gallery
New to TW

Hello all,
In the military, here in Millington, TN. Just traded in the Tundra for another Tacoma, life long toyota guy here! Got rid of the beast for a more practical, Tacoma, '13 TRD Sport w/ 6spd. Had the dealer put short throw in prior to purchase. I am not new to Tacoma's, just the 2nd gen, I had a '99 that I should have never gotten rid of! Had 33" BFG with SAWs and all pro bumpers and sliders (great truck). Anyway, plans are as follows:
Probable go with 5100's all around soon, small lift. (32-33" tires)
Swap sport rims for a set of stock TRD ones.
CAI
TRD exhaust
Possible bumpers later on.
Trying to keep as much street worthy as I can so I can tow my FJ40 to the trail.
Here's the tundra I no longer have the new Tacoma(night shot with the boats from the other evening) and the 40(lil red)
Look forward to getting a ton of info off here, I used to be active on TTORA but didn't see as much stuff as this forum has.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I'm drooling over the fj!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the knoxville area! nice tundra, tacoma and FJ40!!

dad has a ’00 tundra and brother has an ’11 trd off road in white same cab that you had.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Welcome! I'm drooling over the fj!
Haha, thanks, I did too, for a month, then I bought it! (took a lot of begging)
Old 05-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
Welcome from the knoxville area! nice tundra, tacoma and FJ40!!

dad has a 00 tundra and brother has an 11 trd off road in white same cab that you had.
Thanks, The tundra's are great trucks, I did go through one transmission though, at about 55K, probably my fault for playing too rough but they fixed it under warranty, just took a month.
It's just too much truck for my uses, on top of being huge! If I ever get around to needing to tow a lot or really often, I would probably get another one, or if they start producing them with diesel!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmandi View Post
Thanks, The tundra's are great trucks, I did go through one transmission though, at about 55K, probably my fault for playing too rough but they fixed it under warranty, just took a month.
It's just too much truck for my uses, on top of being huge! If I ever get around to needing to tow a lot or really often, I would probably get another one, or if they start producing them with diesel!
yeah, its a lot of truck.

the taco does everything i need and a lot more. i got the 5 bed but if i need a bigger bed i can use one of the tundras, or our 7x12 trailer.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW ! from onother tennessean !
Old 05-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Mark! nice rigs