Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Taco n00b with some questions =)

Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
VtotheZ is on a distinguished road
VtotheZ's Tacoma Gallery
Question Taco n00b with some questions =)

First off, Just got my loan approved, I already have the truck picked out, going for the 2013 white TRD sport DBCB LB. Anyway, I have trolled around this forum the past couple months without registering, so far awesome info.

Question is: Are there any drawbacks of getting the long bed version of the tacoma? Just curious.

Thanks and I cant wait to pick up my truck!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have not heard of anything mechanical related that sticks out. Just personal preference, but turning and off-road agility is diminished.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
There's about 1 foot difference in long bed vs short bed. Some people like the long beds better some short beds. It's just driver preference really. I've driven both and prefer my dcsb... Welcome to TW be sure to hang on to your wallet too this site love to take your money lol
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
I have not heard of anything mechanical related that sticks out. Just personal preference, but turning and off-road agility is diminished.
^^^^ that's all I've heard to.

Congrats
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
VtotheZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post

Yea I dont plan on doing LEGIT wheeling. Needing it more for going camping, getting out to the desert, hauling stuff etc. I plan on doing a small lift on it but I am seriously a total newb when it comes to anything off road lol =)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any draw backs with mine...turns are almost the same as a full size (which im used to driving) so i dont really mind it.

congrats and enjoy the truck
just be careful........................hid the wallet around here
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheZ View Post
Yea I dont plan on doing LEGIT wheeling. Needing it more for going camping, getting out to the desert, hauling stuff etc. I plan on doing a small lift on it but I am seriously a total newb when it comes to anything off road lol =)
No worries, I'm sure you'll love it and use it well. As others have mentioned, watch your wallet!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
TIM.TRDSparks is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 05-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
VtotheZ's Tacoma Gallery
Just brought her home