1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NEW Tacoma owner!...& Questions.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by alcatone3, May 16, 2013.

1. May 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    alcatone3

alcatone3 [OP] tony_the_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Luis Obispo, california
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 access cab
    double din pioneer head unit, 1 12" memphis subwoofer, URD 6 speed short shifter, URD TCAI, black tractor supply co. tool chest, optima yellow top battery relocated in tool box, plastidiped stock rims, took off fender flares and plugged with plastic clips, all black interior head board, black head light housings, black grill with black grill craft mesh insert to make more room for intake, black tail light housings, no sway bar, 30" toughlight led bar in bumper lower cut out, windows tinted besides windshield.
    Hey guys. First time posting on here. Names Tony im from San Luis Obispo. Just got a 2008 6 speed 4x4 toyota prerunner about a month ago. i love this thing!! im excited with starting this build and i have some questions already about front suspension:

I want to get rid of the stock rake. maybe even add some "bro" lean to it. I saw that ToyTec has a lift that you have Bilstein adj. 5100's, comes with coils and can lift the front close to 3 1/2 inches. i haven't seen anyone using these and wondering why?
    Also whats the diffrence between OEM shocks and getting that ToyTec set up i just mentioned? Well thanks guys and i hope this works out cause im anxious to start making this prerunner! have a good one.

2. May 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Welcome. And since you're a prerunner look into Maxtrac spindle lifts, they'll give you some of that "bro" lean you're after. Search around there was a thread with pics of them installed in trucks...

3. May 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Howdy neighbor.....................rode in a tacoma with those shocks.....they are terrible my truck running eibachs and 5100s at zero rode much smoother

I suggest saving ur money.

If u rlly want to bro lean, do as Brett suggested......get spindles

Cayucostacoma may pop in and vouch for the poor ride quality of those toytec coilovers

4. May 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Wait a minute.. what the fuq is a 4x4 prerunner?

That's an oxymoron.

If ur a prerunner, use spindles.

If 4x4, use either coilovers, or one of the few 4wd spindles

5. May 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Raceline08

Raceline08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Santa Rosa, ca
    Vehicle:
    Silver 08 DBC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad
    front Billies, 885x coils, taco lean spacer, TC UCA'S, Magnaflow 22" OME Dakars, Billy 110 rear's, B.A.M.F CMC, custom made E-locker guard
    Welcome

6. May 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    alcatone3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 access cab
    double din pioneer head unit, 1 12" memphis subwoofer, URD 6 speed short shifter, URD TCAI, black tractor supply co. tool chest, optima yellow top battery relocated in tool box, plastidiped stock rims, took off fender flares and plugged with plastic clips, all black interior head board, black head light housings, black grill with black grill craft mesh insert to make more room for intake, black tail light housings, no sway bar, 30" toughlight led bar in bumper lower cut out, windows tinted besides windshield.

It's a 6 speed Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with 4x4 so i don't know? But it's a 4x4 so whatever. I want it lifted to fit some bigger tires but want travel of course, some OEM shocks I've been told?

7. May 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    alcatone3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 access cab
    Hey thanks!

8. May 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    alcatone3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 access cab
    Thanks, and so your saying spindles give you lift? I've heard they will stick your tires out a little too.

9. May 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Ok....prerunners are only 2wd, but have the 4x4 suspension/chassis minus transfer case, front dif, and front driveline....basically everything that makes it 4wd.

Its a huge difference because iirc, prerunner spindles are easy to come by, and last I remember 4wd lift spindles were not as easy.

I think ur referring to OME....(old man emu) they are associated with arb I believe.....good suspension and im pretty sure they offer up to 3" of lidt depending on the coil selection and trim packers.

If u have a front driveline, ur 4wd.....if u don't, but u have 6 lugs, then ur a prerunner.

Again, only worried because it will affect ur spindle options if u go that route......if u go ome than it wont matter as long as u have 6 lugs on each wheel.

Spindles can retain stock ride quality......lift coils will effect the ride some.... a good set of higher end coilovers can remain plush, while offering lift due to customizable valving.

Just lookin out for ya

Products Discussed in

To Top