Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New from San Diego, CA

Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
runderworld is on a distinguished road
runderworld's Tacoma Gallery
New from San Diego, CA

Hi all, glad to be a part of this forum. Bought my first (and last) new car back in January 2008: an '08 Tacoma DC Sport 4x2 long bed w/ upgraded JBL stereo. I went all-out and bought the exact model I wanted, and it's now almost paid off. :)

I needed a truck to tow a standup jetski trailer on a weekly basis--and even though I'm a Honda fan, I chose a Toyota because the Ridgeline is not at all my style. Plus, the Tacoma's styling is hands-down my favorite for all midsize pickups. I hadn't bought a Toyota myself before, but friends and family were mostly happy with the quality.

Anyway, I am just about to hit 90k miles, and am ready to take over most of the maintenance work myself. This forum is a fantastic resource for all that, and more.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the truck, despite several problems and annoyances. I'll reply in this thread with those problems later. I haven't posted till now, as I have been mostly lurking--reading and learning, searching thoroughly for answers and most-always finding helpful info and advice from other forum members. Hopefully I'll have something useful to contribute.

Anyway, I'm grateful a community like this exists. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SD aswell

Theres actually a meet tomorrow if you wanna come out and get to know the SD crew
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ruck-meet.html
Old 05-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hello!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by runderworld View Post
Hi all, glad to be a part of this forum. Bought my first (and last) new car back in January 2008: an '08 Tacoma DC Sport 4x2 long bed w/ upgraded JBL stereo. I went all-out and bought the exact model I wanted, and it's now almost paid off.

I needed a truck to tow a standup jetski trailer on a weekly basis--and even though I'm a Honda fan, I chose a Toyota because the Ridgeline is not at all my style. Plus, the Tacoma's styling is hands-down my favorite for all midsize pickups. I hadn't bought a Toyota myself before, but friends and family were mostly happy with the quality.

Anyway, I am just about to hit 90k miles, and am ready to take over most of the maintenance work myself. This forum is a fantastic resource for all that, and more.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the truck, despite several problems and annoyances. I'll reply in this thread with those problems later. I haven't posted till now, as I have been mostly lurking--reading and learning, searching thoroughly for answers and most-always finding helpful info and advice from other forum members. Hopefully I'll have something useful to contribute.

Anyway, I'm grateful a community like this exists. Thank you!
Welcome to TW from Lakeside, go to the socal region of forum & jump into the San Diego BS thread, or other related threads, now take off your training wheels & leave the "new members" thread, you're not "new" anymore....

Nice truck BTW.... (even tho' I don't see a pic)