Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

stainless steel brake lines

Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
dctamcoa is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
dctamcoa's Tacoma Gallery
stainless steel brake lines

Hey guys, I just purchased +3 inch brake lines and I have never done brake upgrades before. I was hoping if any one had any advice on how to do it. Because they didn't come any instructions
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
The fittings look different then the stock ones.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that the metal lines going into the front and rear brakes. My understanding is that you don't mess with those? Thanks for the help
Old 05-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctamcoa View Post
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that the metal lines going into the front and rear brakes. My understanding is that you don't mess with those? Thanks for the help

Yeah, you only wanna mess with the flexible brake lines. The fronts were pretty simple to do, but the rears were a little more challenging. For the rear, I removed the spare tire to give me extra work space. Also another thing I did was break the fittings free, but still keep them connected before attempting to remove the line from the bracket. That way you can swap everything out a little easier with out making too much of a mess.