Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Ranger to Taco convert

Old 05-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
Take a shower, shine your shoes...
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.Z.P.
BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Ranger to Taco convert

Hey all

Long time reader, first time poster....

Just recently bought a new 2013 double cab Tacoma.

I fell in love with the double cab design and features along with legendary reliability of Toyota.

Looking to get into offroading more. I normally just do it enroute to a hunting or fishing spot. However, primary use will be a commuter, which I think it can still do well.

Glad to be here folks.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! and Congrats! 4x4 or 4x2?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I have owned Tacomas continuously since about 1996... I'm sure you'll love it, awesome trucks.

It's funny because I love compacts but when the Tacoma went midsized I said well, whatever... still way better than the only small truck left, the Ranger.

Fast forward to a couple years ago when I was overseas riding around the base all the time in these new super cool Ford Rangers that looked different than the ones in the US and had a diesel. They were tough as heck and compact. If Ford sold that same pickup here I'm not saying I'd dump the Tacoma, but I'd definitely give it consideration. I just love sturdy small trucks.

Anyway, have fun on the trails!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
Welcome to TW! and Congrats! 4x4 or 4x2?
Definitely 4x4.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #5

BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
Welcome! I have owned Tacomas continuously since about 1996... I'm sure you'll love it, awesome trucks.

It's funny because I love compacts but when the Tacoma went midsized I said well, whatever... still way better than the only small truck left, the Ranger.

Fast forward to a couple years ago when I was overseas riding around the base all the time in these new super cool Ford Rangers that looked different than the ones in the US and had a diesel. They were tough as heck and compact. If Ford sold that same pickup here I'm not saying I'd dump the Tacoma, but I'd definitely give it consideration. I just love sturdy small trucks.

I'm the same way too. I love trucks but I find it a little much to have a F250 crew cab when I'm still commuting 80% of the time. However, when I am towing, the new taco (with tow package) does it so much better than my 3.0L ranger. I loved that truck but only recently accepted that I never should have had to make the repairs on it that I did.

Yea, once I found out that tacos were related to hiluxes I was intrigued. I learned to drive stick, on the right, in a hilux. Her name was "Shazam" and she had jingle all over.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
devenob is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sheriffs Deputy
Name: Deven
devenob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Me to buddy! Went from a single can 97 ranger to a 09 double cab long bed TRD SPORT, and haven't looked back since! I do miss the little ranger though :'(
Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
RudedogII will become famous soon enough
RudedogII's Tacoma Gallery
HiLux vs Tacoma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post

Do you think the Hilux is built better than a Tacoma? I checked the specs and the Tacoma is bigger, but is it better? I am not really sold on my 2010 with the plastic bed! Weak!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #8

BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudedogII View Post
Do you think the Hilux is built better than a Tacoma? I checked the specs and the Tacoma is bigger, but is it better? I am not really sold on my 2010 with the plastic bed! Weak!
I don't know if it really is better. Sure they can be beat to hell but in many countries that have them, that's how it has to be. Kind of like Cuba still driving 1960's cars and all. I suppose I don't know enough to make that judgement anyways. I just don't have a problem with the plastic bed. It took me a while to accept polymer handguns too. Then I realized my XD was better in every way, shape, and form than my kimber.