1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ike3000, May 21, 2013.

1. May 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    ike3000

ike3000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    new member and new to the Tacoma. i previously owned a 2005 Lexus IS300. it was an awesome and reliable car, but i needed something a little more versatile. i'm loving the truck and the ride is a lot more comfortable than i expected from a truck.

i went to the dealership with the intent of getting the offroad version, but i didn't like the ride. it felt like the truck was "wandering" during the test drive. the ride of the sport feels more controlled. my biggest gripe with the sport is the nonfunctional scoop, but i'll get over it. the backup camera is awesome and i'm loving the bluetooth.

i'm an electronics/stereo nut, so i'm already planning a stereo upgrade. Marv is building me an enclosure for a single IDQ10 and it will be powered by a JL 500/1 taken from my IS300. i also purchased a set of Hybrid Audio Technologies speakers from him, which will most likely get powered from an Alpine PDX-F6. i say "most likely" because i haven't purchased the amp yet. i'm still debating other options and may end up with something else. ideally i'd power it all from a single Zuki 5 channel amp. from email exchanges with Zuki they're in the processes of designing a newer model to the Hybrid 5. so IF i have the patience, i'll go the zuki route. the HU will be a Pioneer DEH-80PRS...it has all the tuning i need, plus bluetooth and ipod connection. i'll definitely create a thread for the install.

2. May 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Congrats on the new truck and welcome to TW! :wave:

3. May 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    ike3000

ike3000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top