1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

treated frame work gone bad

Discussion in 'New Members' started by thebrokenyoke, May 23, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    thebrokenyoke

thebrokenyoke [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma limited 4x4
    I have a 2002 Tacoma with 121,000 miles. I am the second owner and I received dealer confirmation that the original owner had the frame recall done. Recently I noticed that the frame spraying compound was coming off the frame. My local dealer inspected the frame and documented that much of the frame had never been cleaned or sprayed as well as existing compound was flaking off. My local dealer contacted the dealer in Cadillac , Mich. about making their workmanship good and the Dealer refused to correct their shoddy workmanship of 09/25/09. My communication with Tiffany Bishop at Toyota hdqtrs. resulted with Toyota not making their dealership be responsible as well as Toyota would not assist my local dealer with corrective measures. Toyota did say that if the frame perforates before June of 2017 they would replace the frame or purchase the truck.
    Q. has anyone had similar problems with any Toyota dealers or in particular the one in Cadillac Michigan.

Products Discussed in

To Top