Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

07 Tacoma Lift Kit

Old 05-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
amag is on a distinguished road
amag's Tacoma Gallery
07 Tacoma Lift Kit

Hey there I am new here to Tacoma World and the new owner of an 07 Tacoma Pre Runner double cab. It is a 4X2 and I am looking at lifting it 3" and running 20" wheels with 285 - 305s. I live is south Florida and I do not plan on doing any off roading. That being said I also want to lift it correctly without doing any collateral damage to the cv joints, drive train, compromising the ride quality too much or overall safety. The simple fix appears to be the spacer kits available for around $200. I am just not sure that I want to go with the quick fix unless it will work properly. So I am reaching out to my fellow Tacoma community for some feedback and advice.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont plan to offroad, I would keep it stock. No need to have big tires that are loud, kill your mpg, and have extra suspension parts you dont need. If you just driving on the street, keep your truck how it is...
Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You have a 2wd therefore do not have CV's to worry about. Look into Maxtrac spindle lifts. They retain the front suspension geometry and ride but gain lift from a new spindle. Then either an AAL or replacement leaf pack for the rear, some new shocks for the rear to accomodate the lift and you're good to go.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
TIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the boards!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome