Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New TX Baja owner

Old 05-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
MilesToEmpty is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
MilesToEmpty's Tacoma Gallery
New TX Baja owner

Hello Everyone, name is Charles - and I live in MD. The tacoma is my 10th vehicle since I turned 16, and my first new one ever.

Two weeks ago I went looking at a few new Tacoma's at the Toyota dealership, and when we were test driving a 13 Demo truck that they were going to sell me for $30,002 - two TX Baja's came off the truck, both unexpected.

When we got back from the test run, they were already inspected and one was sold. The one that was sold was red. The other one was white. I decided to test drive it for giggles and really liked it.

(Can anyone tell me why Ive never seen these around here in white? Only red and black...)

The sticker price was 37,790 and they names the $40k price tag out the door.

I put a $500 deposit down on it to think about it, and do some research.

I found another dealer selling them for $34k (including destination) and had the dealer match that, and throw in a skid plate, and bed extender (which just arrived and I need to get them installed.)

Anyway, I made out getting the truck for $33k plus tax and tags and what not.

People said I wasted my money, but we own 39 acres in WV, and I figured the extra ground clearance and the suspension would benefit me out there.

Anyway, here's some photos.

My first mod was to remove the "beadlocks." I need to locate shorter bolts for the holes since I would like to keep the bolts there for a nice look.

And today I removed that giant sticker on the side, which I understand cost me about $400 lol.
Day I picked it up:

Father and I stopped to get some 9' plywood... needed a bigger truck lol, so father and son.

Beadlocks before:

And After:

The next day, our new DR mower came in, and the pallet weighed in at 680lbs, fit perfect and handled it great.

And today, I need to wash it, you can still see the baja from the dirt/clean area.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Congrats and welcome.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
looks really good in white. welcome
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Sparky2003 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Brian
Sparky2003's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck!!
I own the 2011 TXpro Same color but my rims came in black with BFG rugged trail tires. own thing that I found worth the extra money is the Undercover Tonneau cover. Great set up. you can get the kit that bolts into the exsisting rail system in the bed and one person can put it on or take it off. Pluss it improves your gas milage
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
sweet looking truck.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
tasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
tasnowma's Tacoma Gallery
So since you had the 'Baja' sticker removed, which costed you even more, which is kinda messed up considering that's what a lot of people spend the extra thousands of dollars on... to flaunt this package off... this is essentially a TRD Off Road with a small TX decal left on it then right? This adds what, a 2" lift, BFG all terrains and bead locks? That's about it right? I'd say you over paid by about $7000.

Nice truck though.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
It's a gorgeous truck don't get me wrong, but you could have easily picked up a year or two later model and dropped a few grand in suspension parts and still saved thousands of dollars and had a better performing truck suspension wise. But if your happy with the deal than that's all that matters.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
MilesToEmpty is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
MilesToEmpty's Tacoma Gallery
Well from what I could tell, 33k for a Tacoma was a good price. The dealer demo i was testing had shy of 8k miles on it for 30. I figured that for 30, or the TX for 33..

I also wanted a warranty, Im tired of having to fix my vehicles. There are fee's with having a lifted truck in MD/WV for inspection.

I need something that my wife could get in and drive, and not worry about having something failing, or downright refusing to drive - my old STI was a different story though lol.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Its a good looking truck. Enjoy everything under warranty. As long as you are happy with it who cares. Looks like you got a good deal on that model even though you could built something like it for less on your own. Welcome to TW.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome aboard!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
trdsam is on a distinguished road
trdsam's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck. In my neck of the woods you got a FANTASTIC price. I will use your info in my up coming negotiations with the dealership, so thank you for that. lol Great buy!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
TIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIM.TRDSparks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
Take a shower, shine your shoes...
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.Z.P.
BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. You paid for a Baja what a paid for a regular TX (not even TX Pro). I got a meh deal and you got a good one. I'm not sure why someone said the Baja is just a TRD OR with a sticker... pretty sure you get a) better shocks b) better tires c) better height and d) better exhaust. Well, I guess I got had Still love my truck though and it did come with a bunch of options like the vinyl floor, etc.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
txagdan is on a distinguished road

Name: d
txagdan's Tacoma Gallery
I saw the same truck today. Made me reconsider and stop the deal I had going for a tt fj. Enjoy it. I think you did well. They'll always be the online experts that tell you what they'd have done instead. But you got a well equipped vehicle, waranteed, that you had to do nothing to mechanically to make it fit your needs. Sounds perfect to me.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't waste money at all .
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! You did great on the price. It will hold its value better than other the other models. Don't let the 'aftermarket is better and cheaper' guys rain on your parade....this truck will hold its value better than those guys trucks too. Drive it with you head held high on a great brand new truck for a great price!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. If you like it, that's all that matters. I personally think you got a good deal for a TX
Old 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
i wrote ya a message. maybe ya read it or maybe ya didn't. wanted to know if you're interested in selling your fake beadlock rings off your wheels? mine are a bit beat up in spots and thought about having an extra set painted black. write me back if interested.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #20
floodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant future

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!