Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Need help on which Taco to buy

Old 05-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Spoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Spoon93's Tacoma Gallery
Need help on which Taco to buy

Hey everyone, first things first I do not own a Taco yet but that's why I am here. I need help from fellow owners on which one to buy. I'm an avid hunter and outdoors-man in the PNW and its time to ditch the Danger Ranger. I spend 2-3 weekends of every month in the woods and I prefer to go beyond where everyone else can.
That said, I am torn on witch rig I want. It will be the Double Cab and I love the long bed as I will be putting a canopy on and it can be my tent on wheels. But, there is no manual option and I don't know if I could deal with going back to an auto.

What are the pros and cons of the 6sp manual vs. the 5 speed auto?

What are the pros and cons of the short bed (besides it cant be a tent I'm 6,2) vs. the long bed?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon93 View Post
What are the pros and cons of the 6sp manual vs. the 5 speed auto?

What are the pros and cons of the short bed (besides it cant be a tent I'm 6,2) vs. the long bed?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!
The auto seems to have fewer issues. The manual guys seem to have issues with the throw out bearing. Other than that, I think it's just preference.

If you're set on a double cab, the TRD Off Road package is only available on the short bed. The manual is also only available on the short bed. The TRD Sport package comes on both the short and long beds. Depending on what type of off roading you get in to, you have a decision to make. The Off Road comes with the rear locker and is the only package that comes with the locker and ATRAC. The TRD Sport comes with a brake-controlled limited slip system. If you go with a long bed, you could go with an SR5 package and add a rear locker with the money saved over one of the other dress packages. If you plan on lifting and dumping a lot of money into the truck, buying a double cab long bed SR5 and building it up might end up being cheaper and more capable in the long run.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Long bed is harder to park and the off road package is nice for light off reading in stock from but just get what you want