Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First time Toyota owner from San Diego

Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
First time Toyota owner from San Diego

Hello TW,

I just recently bought a 2011 TRD Off Road 4x4 double cab Tacoma on 4/28/13 from Penske Toyota Scion of Rancho Santa Margarita. I'm originally a Honda guy and this is my first Toyota.

I first noticed the 2nd generation Tacomas when my cousin got a 06 TRD Sport DCLB back in March 2006. I was surprised at how much bigger it was compared to the previous generation. There were a few times where I had to drive it and I liked how the cockpit was laid out. I also liked the exterior styling. Since then, I've had one friend and two family members buy Tacomas (2008 TRD Sport and 2010 TRD Sports, respectively). I guess you can say I've slowly fell in love with Tacomas.

I've been lurking here for awhile trying to educate myself before making that final purchase. I was also considering a 2009-2011 Dodge Charger Police version or a 2011 Subaru WRX but ultimately settled on a Tacoma since it would retain its value compared to the other two cars.

Here's my truck the day that I bought it.

So far I've gotten Salex glovebox/console organizers, Nokya Hyper Yellow foglight bulbs and Philips Night Guide headlight bulbs. I do miss the 35+mpg of my Hondas.

Here are my other cars. L-R: 1994 Civic EX, 1996 Integra GS-R, 1994 Civic Si.

I'm gonna sell the Civics so that I can focus more on the Tacoma.

I have a lot to learn about Tacomas but the forum here has been very informative. Thanks to everyone here and to those responsible for this site!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
good move on selling the hondas for MOD money..
That was what I planned before getting the truck. Though it probably would've been better if I sold them first before getting the truck.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome aboard!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
from chula vista, damn I coulda bought and used one of your Hondas as a daily driver!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRuffDangerous View Post
I'm gonna sell the Civics so that I can focus more on the Tacoma.
Welcome to TW and yes, that's a smart plan since TW will begin sucking your wallet dry so fast you won't even know it's happening.