Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hi, New Tacoma owner just got rear-ended on wednesday

Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
tycodad is on a distinguished road
tycodad's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, New Tacoma owner just got rear-ended on wednesday

I was reared by a girl driving only with a permit on the 10 freeway in socal in my 4 month old Tacoma. So sad. My cat of 13 years is in renal failure and I was more sad about this accident. I know, superficial. I think she was texting and just didn't see that the traffic suddenly stopped. I heard the screeching and then a little jolt plus steam and a crumpled hood. Her car was underneath my truck after that. Here are the pics. Thanks for all the good advice on this forum. I do have a question about the carfax report and what should the insurance payout in terms of depreciation (due to accident). Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hi, New Tacoma owner just got rear-ended on wednesday-tacoma-rear-ended.jpg   Hi, New Tacoma owner just got rear-ended on wednesday-other-car-damage-accident.jpg  
Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a body shop and see if there is any frame damage
Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well upgrade to a plate bumper
Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
tycodad's Tacoma Gallery
what's a plate bumper? nm. i'll look it up. which ones would you guys suggest? and how do i go about getting the insurance to do that?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
they write you a check, and you buy it yourself.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

An offroad style bumper. They're a lot stronger than the factory.
There are many companies that offer rear bumpers for Tacomas. Personally I like the all-pro bumper.
More than likely the insurance will cut you a check for the damage and you take the truck to the shop of your choice.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
tycodad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
An offroad style bumper. They're a lot stronger than the factory.
There are many companies that offer rear bumpers for Tacomas. Personally I like the all-pro bumper.
More than likely the insurance will cut you a check for the damage and you take the truck to the shop of your choice.
so with the all-pro bumper, would i need to match the front as well? thanks. it does look like a nice upgrade/accessory.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
not sure I see anything out of the ordinary other than some red paint on your tailgate..
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
tycodad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonantel View Post
not sure I see anything out of the ordinary other than some red paint on your tailgate..
ya, the tacoma can sure take a beating. pretty sure she was going too fast to stop in time, glad that my kids weren't in the truck. the tail really didn't get anything, just the bumper. underneath there is some bending.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycodad View Post
so with the all-pro bumper, would i need to match the front as well? thanks. it does look like a nice upgrade/accessory.
That's up to you. You can do it now or wait until the front end gets hit.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #11
slatercat will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Josh
slatercat's Tacoma Gallery
She still doesn't know she has been in a collision. She hasn't looked up from her phone.

Sorry about your truck.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
tycodad's Tacoma Gallery
So am I. Now the truck doesn't feel like new anymore.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
nocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant future

Name: DTM
nocaltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Her car is def totaled.....but who cares about her car.
Try your best to def go thru her insurance company. They'll pay for repairs and rental car. They will most likely try for made in China bumper...BE WARNED
you won't get any depreciation or lost value in CA due to the accident. Some states have that, some don't.
Get the other ins company to pay as much as possible then def get an am rear plate bumper. I personally like this one...
http://www.relentlessfabrication.com/05tacomarear.html
The body shop can/should order and install the new plate bumper.
Consider yourself lucky, I've been waiting to get rear-ended so I can get a new rear plate bumper.....
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycodad View Post
So am I. Now the truck doesn't feel like new anymore.
Call the local exotic car or at least high end car dealer and ask which body shop they take their cars to. That will give you an idea on who is the best. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE OTHER DRIVER'S REPAIR SHOP. Make sure the parts are genuine and not Chinese clones.

I had mine hit at 2500 miles. It was worst than yours. I highly doubt from the pictures that you have an more damage than a bumper and cosmetic work. It will feel new again after a good repair I promise.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely a plate bumper.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my bruteforce bumper.Hi, New Tacoma owner just got rear-ended on wednesday-uploadfromtaptalk1370187084564.jpg
Old 06-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #17
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer on your truck, sad about your cat, was the cat in the truck with you?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Considering she was under the truck, have it checked out. Your leafs, diff, frame could have easily been warped.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice270wsm is just really nice

Marines:
270wsm's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch... +1 on what ↑↑ he said
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck on the whole deal, and like nocaltaco said, get her insurance company to pay like crazy for it. I got backed into a couple years ago in a parking lot, crushed in a passenger side fender; the girls ins gave me a personal check for about $2000 after I got a quote from a body shop so i got the part and did then instal myself and pocketed about $1600... talk about shit-day to pay-day