Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

"HELP"

Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
xTACOMAx is on a distinguished road
xTACOMAx's Tacoma Gallery
"HELP"

I have a 07 four door long bed prerunner and was wanting to do a lift and was thinking of buying bilsteins 5100's front and rear shocks and set the front ones to 2.5 and was wanting to run toyo open country at2 285/70r17 and dick cepek gunmetal rims 17 x 8.5 backspacing is 5 offset is 6 and was needing to know would them rims give me enough room to run that size of tire?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
--
adamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really niceadamiata is just really nice

adamiata's Tacoma Gallery
Way wrong section pal.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Ok man well what do I need to do?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamiata View Post
Way wrong section pal.
Very helpful
Old 06-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Do y'all think that set up would be a good set up to run?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Welcome, I run 285's with 5100's currently set at 1.75" though it involves some trimming.
Stock wheels and spacers or aftermarket wheels ?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Stock wheels and spacers or aftermarket wheels ?
17X9 aftermarket with 4.5" backspace, -12 offset. No rub on street but did the cab mount chop. Caster currently set at 2.3 though I'm going 885's and LightRacing uppers.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTACOMAx View Post
Do y'all think that set up would be a good set up to run?
5100's set at 2.5" might be a little stiff for most but some like it. Many run OME 885 coils either with nitro shocks or 5100's.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
Aftermarket there Dick Cepek torque gunmetal, I forgot to add torque to my first post.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Would it be bad to run a thin wheel spacer if I had to?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
Señor Member

Quote:
Would it be bad to run a thin wheel spacer if I had to?
I suggest you get the correct wheel so you won't have to run wheel spacers. I believe people here only use wheel spacers on stock wheels so they can run 285's as the stock wheels don't have correct backspace.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
I don't do any off-roading I just do street and just some drive ways but would I still need to chop the cab mount?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
Ok well do you know what size wheel spacer I would need if I used my stock wheels?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
Señor Member

Quote:
I don't do any off-roading I just do street and just some drive ways but would I still need to chop the cab mount?
It only rubbed the cab mounts on full lock in reverse. whatever setting you choose for your 5100's, get an alignment. Zero camber/toe, Caster at 2+ but hard to do after a lift so that's why people get aftermarket upper control arms to get caster back. I think 1.5" spacers are used for stock wheels though you might want to do a search on that just to make sure.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
Ok thanks man.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
Oh yea one more question would it be bad if I didn't cut the cab mount and just let it rub at full lock in reverse?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
Señor Member

Quote:
Oh yea one more question would it be bad if I didn't cut the cab mount and just let it rub at full lock in reverse?
Worst can happen is that your tires wear out quicker where it rubs.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Ok thanks again