1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member, new tacoma...Howdy!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ttatham, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Jun 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    ttatham

ttatham [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ventura
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Hello all!
    I just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2013 TRD Sport 4X4 after getting rid of my '04 VW Passat Wagon. I really just wanted a truck that would get me up into the mountains if one of my vintage BSAs breaks down while camping in the backcountry. I hope it fulfills it duty as a reliable camp/motorcycle transfer vehicle, and from what I've read it will.

At this point I'm not jumping into wheel kits, suspension and aftermarket parts, although I would like any suggestions for things that I may want to look into that will help protect/enhance my truck for the kind of situations it will be used for. Like I said, I will use it mostly in the mountains (during all four seasons) for camping and fly fishing and toting motorcycles around. I think that my first purchases will be Wet Okole seat covers and some sort of heavier duty rubber mats.

I've read numerous threads with 4X4 TRD Sports and wanted to thank everyone for the amount of detail and personal experience that went into them.

/tommy

[​IMG]
    Camera Roll-1443 by LumberingGiant, on Flickr

2. Jun 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Fire252fighter

Fire252fighter The guy that comments every now and then

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Pittsburgh pa
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 tacoma
    Nothing
  3. Jun 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    You came to the right place. Welcome and don't let the crazies drive you away.

4. Jun 3, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave:

5. Jun 3, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    rhowell

rhowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    Welcome.

If you are planning on putting motor cycles in the back of you truck I would suggest your first mod is a lift c/w a new set of dakar leaf spring in the back. Stock leafs just aint going to cut it.

6. Jun 3, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    rhowell

rhowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    -Leather with Heated seats -AFE cold Air Intake -DE-jr Rims -Upper and Lower grills from Black Diamond Fabrication -Light bar behind grill -Hella Black Magic Rallye 1000 lights. -OME lift cw Dakar leafs -LR Upper control arms -Rosen duel DVD headrests -Nfab steps -leer canopy
    WeatherTech mats. Last set of mats for you truck you will ever buy. One of my most important mods.

7. Jun 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler

+1

but id ditch the dakars and get some OMDs for cheaper that will out perform dakars. hes actually got a set for hauling weight for sale right now.

heres the link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/280592-omd-spring-special.html

8. Jun 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Welcome to TW!

9. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    mne3312

mne3312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Weather Tech Deflectors, Truck Covers USA Roll Cover, 15% front 5% back Tint, Toyota Hitch Cover, Pop & Lock 8521, Pioneer 4400BH, Infinity 6-1/2" Speakers, 4-Channel Amplifier, Access Bed Mat
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The first priority mod should be Weather Tech floor mats. These are a must have! You might think they are on the pricey side for floor mats, but they are worth every penny!! Welcome to TW! Great looking truck you got there. I have spent more then anticipated on my truck, thanks to this website. You said you are not ready for mods yet...ha-ha You're at the right place. Glad you joined us.

10. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    Tacoma VT

Tacoma VT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    R. Kessler
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD sport
    OME 884s, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Icon 3 leaf progressive AAL (with overload in), Rear leaf TSB, ImMrYo mirror relocater, ARE Z series cap, Hi Lift jack W/ DIY mount, trimmed Mud Flaps, Devil Horns by Andres, EGR In-Channel rain guards, LED bed lights, Weather Techs
    Nice truck! DCLB is where it's at. Welcome to TW :thumbsup:

11. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Does nobody read ? He's not planning on lifting

Welcome to TW OP

DCLB FTMFW

+1 to Weathertechs , also look at the ImMrYo rear view mirror relocation bracket and an OEM bed mat

12. Jun 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Welcome to TW, the best site ever!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top