Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member, new tacoma...Howdy!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
ttatham is on a distinguished road
ttatham's Tacoma Gallery
New member, new tacoma...Howdy!

Hello all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2013 TRD Sport 4X4 after getting rid of my '04 VW Passat Wagon. I really just wanted a truck that would get me up into the mountains if one of my vintage BSAs breaks down while camping in the backcountry. I hope it fulfills it duty as a reliable camp/motorcycle transfer vehicle, and from what I've read it will.

At this point I'm not jumping into wheel kits, suspension and aftermarket parts, although I would like any suggestions for things that I may want to look into that will help protect/enhance my truck for the kind of situations it will be used for. Like I said, I will use it mostly in the mountains (during all four seasons) for camping and fly fishing and toting motorcycles around. I think that my first purchases will be Wet Okole seat covers and some sort of heavier duty rubber mats.

I've read numerous threads with 4X4 TRD Sports and wanted to thank everyone for the amount of detail and personal experience that went into them.

/tommy

Camera Roll-1443 by LumberingGiant, on Flickr
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Fire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
Fire252fighter's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
You came to the right place. Welcome and don't let the crazies drive you away.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.

If you are planning on putting motor cycles in the back of you truck I would suggest your first mod is a lift c/w a new set of dakar leaf spring in the back. Stock leafs just aint going to cut it.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech mats. Last set of mats for you truck you will ever buy. One of my most important mods.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Welcome.

If you are planning on putting motor cycles in the back of you truck I would suggest your first mod is a lift c/w a new set of dakar leaf spring in the back. Stock leafs just aint going to cut it.

+1

but id ditch the dakars and get some OMDs for cheaper that will out perform dakars. hes actually got a set for hauling weight for sale right now.

heres the link.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-special.html
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
mne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to behold

mne3312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
WeatherTech mats. Last set of mats for you truck you will ever buy. One of my most important mods.
Took the words right out of my mouth. The first priority mod should be Weather Tech floor mats. These are a must have! You might think they are on the pricey side for floor mats, but they are worth every penny!! Welcome to TW! Great looking truck you got there. I have spent more then anticipated on my truck, thanks to this website. You said you are not ready for mods yet...ha-ha You're at the right place. Glad you joined us.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! DCLB is where it's at. Welcome to TW
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Does nobody read ? He's not planning on lifting

Welcome to TW OP

DCLB FTMFW

+1 to Weathertechs , also look at the ImMrYo rear view mirror relocation bracket and an OEM bed mat

Products Discussed in this Thread