Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Introduction - getting ready to purchase

Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Landroval is on a distinguished road
Landroval's Tacoma Gallery
Introduction - getting ready to purchase

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the pickup world and am looking to get a small truck pretty soon. I've driven my dad's F350, and while it's grand, it's a pain as a daily driver, too damn big. The Tacoma looks like the perfect size for my needs. Looking at a 2013 double cab - it'll fit the kid and dogs more easily. I like the SR5 package - is the TRD sport package worth the extra $$? I don't care about the cosmetic details, but is it more useful than the SR5?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I have the SR5 and have never needed anything else. I have an 400w inverter sitting on the passenger floor where it is much more useful than the bed. If you need a locker, I understand you are better off adding a quality one. The only thing I have ever wanted to add was on board air.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
DCLB, definitely. Holds more stuff.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval View Post
DCLB, definitely. Holds more stuff.
If you don't care about the cosmetic differences between the two the only other difference people seem to bring up is the difference between the SR5 and TRD Sport seats
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Are the TRD seats more comfortable for long drives?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval View Post
Are the TRD seats more comfortable for long drives?
Many people have said yes in other threads , I can't say personally as I didn't try the SR5 as I was set on getting the Sport when I purchased my truck