Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

This One's a Keeper!!!

Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Az4x4Taco
Az4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer: Retired
Name: George
Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
This One's a Keeper!!!

Was here a long time ago, then my wife passed away and I lost interest, not only with TW but a lot of things. But I'm back now! Couldn't remember my original user name and password, so I started over. Probably best this way.

Here's my 2003 Double Cab Tacoma. It's my 5th Toyota truck, one I'll most likely hang on to for the long term. Just turned 91k miles, and it's set up like I want it. Definitely a keeper!

My home is in Tempe, AZ.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back, sorry to hear of your loss
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck. I always liked how that body style looked.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Az4x4Taco
Az4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAz4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Welcome back, sorry to hear of your loss
Thanks Justus. Deon died two years ago this month. We were married a loooong time, 4 decades plus, but it didn't seem long at all!

Two weeks before she died she told me to get on with life once she was gone, to find a new love and enjoy the years ahead as much as we had enjoyed the years we were together.

It took a while to get my feet solidly back under me after her death, but things have been bright again for some time now, and life once again is good!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTRD View Post
Nice looking truck. I always liked how that body style looked.
I love my Gen-1 '03!! She's the best of the Toyota 4x4's I've had. Like how she looks, sleek and sexy - great lookin' in every way! Besides that she's fun to be with, never lets me down, always pleases no matter what I ask of her!!..
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean lookin 1st gen you got there! It looks like you already have some nice stealthy rock slider action going on underneath to start things off.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4 View Post
Thanks Justus. Deon died two years ago this month. We were married a loooong time, 4 decades plus, but it didn't seem long at all!

Two weeks before she died she told me to get on with life once she was gone, to find a new love and enjoy the years ahead as much as we had enjoyed the years we were together.

It took a while to get my feet solidly back under me after her death, but things have been bright again for some time now, and life once again is good!
Welcome back, glad to hear you're back on your feet again!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back George! As others have mentioned I'm very sorry for your loss. Glad you have bounced back strong
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
TIM.TRDSparks is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back!

I'm in Scottsdale!! Sorry for your loss man
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
welcome back, sorry for the loss, and superwhite tacoma FTW!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
FFTacoma is on a distinguished road
FFTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very sorry for your loss. Glad life is starting to get back on track. Your late wife's statements are truly touching and inspirational! Continue to heal and peace be with you.

There is something therapeutic about owning and maintaining a nice vehicle. That's a particularly nice Tacoma you have found.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
Very clean lookin 1st gen you got there! It looks like you already have some nice stealthy rock slider action going on underneath to start things off.
Thanks BigOly! One of the benefits to rock sliders is the protection they afford when I'm in a parking space here in town! People have swung doors open hard enough to do damage, only to find they've dented their own vehicle in the process and done no damage to my Toyota!! Had a guy pull in next to me once and sideswipe my truck. The rock sliders creased the hell out of his vehicle and kept it from damaging mine! ...Cool!!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #14
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Welcome back, glad to hear you're back on your feet again!
Thanks Pugga! It's good to be back. Now if I can find a lady friend who likes the things I like, keeps herself physically fit, enjoys a variety of activities indoors and out, is easy to get along with, fun to be with, loves getting out and about in 4x4 country, enjoys spending time up north in the cool country while the summer heat here in the Valley is turned up high, ..I'll be a happy camper once again!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Welcome back George! As others have mentioned I'm very sorry for your loss. Glad you have bounced back strong
Thank you Tony! It's great to be back in the TW fold once again! ..Just felt right to start fresh and not try to resurrect my old identity here. Kinda like beginning a new life!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM.TRDSparks View Post
Welcome to TW!
Appreciate the welcome a lot Tim!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Welcome back!

I'm in Scottsdale!! Sorry for your loss man
Appreciate the sentiment. Scottsdale's cool! My daughter and her family live there! Easy ride from my place to her's north on the 101 to Cactus, then a short distance west.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #18
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
welcome back, sorry for the loss, and superwhite tacoma FTW!!!
Losing someone you love, especially your wife, hurts. No two ways about it. But life goes on, as she told me it would, and it's great to be looking forward again instead of back! ..FTW all the way!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #19
Az4x4Taco

Az4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTacoma View Post
Very sorry for your loss. Glad life is starting to get back on track. Your late wife's statements are truly touching and inspirational! Continue to heal and peace be with you.

There is something therapeutic about owning and maintaining a nice vehicle. That's a particularly nice Tacoma you have found.
Thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated. My late wife enjoyed this double cab 4x4 Tacoma almost as much as I did. Having her tell me before she passed to get on with life and find a new love to share this amazing journey with holds special meaning in so many ways, something that inspires and pushes me forward as the days go by!

New love to find, new start here at TW, new trails stretching out in front of me to explore. ..It's all good!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4 View Post
Appreciate the sentiment. Scottsdale's cool! My daughter and her family live there! Easy ride from my place to her's north on the 101 to Cactus, then a short distance west.
Nice! Thats a good neighborhood!

I just bought a house on 40th & Shea so I'm sure i'm not too far from her