Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

03 Taco mods

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
ricvic is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherman
ricvic's Tacoma Gallery
03 Taco mods

Just purchased a 2003 Tacoma for my son's first car. I wanted to modify the truck but need help in what I should do and in what order, since I have 3-4 months to work on it. Here was my ideas:

1. Tonneau cover- not sure of which style/type/brand
2. Seat covers-Wet Okole or is there another option
3. Wheels-should I replace the wheels and how big (is it 5 lug)
4. Tires-size low profile or off-roard
5. Paint-currently factory gray thinking something with flake?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricvic View Post
Just purchased a 2003 Tacoma for my son's first car. I wanted to modify the truck but need help in what I should do and in what order, since I have 3-4 months to work on it. Here was my ideas:

5. Paint-currently factory gray thinking something with flake?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
What a lucky son you have there! As a father I would begin with maintenance and rust prevention before even engaging in any modification or add-ons. So timing belt/water pump etc., differentials if it's 4X4, etc...

You're probably thinking a silver lunar mist metallic correct? There wasn't a "factory gray" option in '03. The closest gray for our first gens would have been a pewter pearl or lavender steel but that was only offered in the late 90's.

Welcome to TW
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
As a father I would begin with maintenance and rust prevention before even engaging in any modification or add-ons. So timing belt/water pump etc., differentials if it's 4X4, etc...
Agree, focus on maintenance so he won't get stuck somewhere with a broken fan belt, burst hose, etc. Tune it up, check the hoses, replace the drive belts, oil, filter, PCV valve, air filter. If the truck is a 4-cylinder, it does not have a timing belt, only the V6 has a timing belt.

Whats wrong with the stock tires, and wheels?