1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Guy From AZ..Not Tacoma Owner depends on replies

Discussion in 'New Members' started by adicted, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    adicted

adicted [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Arizona
    Been lurking for a while guys. Great site. From West Side Arizona and love to hunt and fish. Want the Tacoma as a hunt vehicle mainly but I have a few concerns before I pull the trigger...

Mainly is the back seat. I have 2 teenage kids growing quick, how is your guys experience with adults in the backseats. I know its tight but is it just unbareable or is there room to function.

Also pulling my boat. 19ft skeeter tandem axel. Trailer has brakes so that will help with stopping, but will pulling this thing be horrible. Mainly the lakes i go to are 2 hours or less away and no major crazy hills, but some.

I plan on getting the 2013 double cab TRD with tow package.

2. Jun 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

I have had 4 adults in my truck (including myself), and towed my 18' Bayliner to many of the local lakes with no issues, or complaints of comfort. The truck did surprisingly well towing, and up hills. You might want to consider taking your boat to the dealer, and hooking it up to the truck for a test drive.

3. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    You'd be fine with 2nd gen for room, the dbl cab has lots of it..

4. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Yeah i have had many adults in the back seat. Never any complaints. Towing i have only towed some snowmobiles in the snowy roads and did fine.

5. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    You won't have any problems for what you want it for. I had mine loaded down with 5 guys and gear for the weekend with a ranger bass boat behind it. Mine's lifted with 33's and I didn't have any problems or anyone bitching and we drove 3 hours one way.

I also had two fully loaded 160 qt coolers in the bed. We trucked right along at 70 all the way and got 17.4 mpg.

Products Discussed in

To Top