Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My introduction and the want of your opinion!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
TNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TNHarley's Tacoma Gallery
My introduction and the want of your opinion!

Hey guys!
I have been looking at getting a new taco for a while now
Thanks to this site, I have it down to 2 (thanks for that)

1 - 2013 white TRD OR. Dealer installed lift, moto metal 16" wheels with nitto terra tires, air intake, bar between headlights for lights(do not know technical term) 4 KC lights. Asking 38k. Emailed an offer of 35k (they are about 4 hours away). My offer got accepted (38k with TTL)

2-THEN about 2 hours ago, my LOCAL dealer sent me an invoice for a 2013 black TRD OR TX for 36.5k.( I would imagine the would take A LOT less) I am sure you know what is in that.. locker, crappy graphics, wheels, exhaust tip, A_TRAC etc.

Here is a link to the white one http://cumberlandtoyota.com/toyota-i...8DM120354.aspx

What do you guys think?
Both vehicles are what I want.
Just trying to figure what might be the best deal
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Welcome to TW!

If it were me, I would get a stock TRD OR, and add the lift, wheels and tires aftermarket.

The dealers in my area usually double the price of these items. I saw a new one when I bought mine that they wanted 3K for wheels and tires, and added 5K for the lift.

Good luck, and happy modding!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Skivvy9r is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Skivvy9r's Tacoma Gallery
So, you made an offer. It was accepted. Sounds like you already made a deal to me.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
What is the stock price of TRD OR models now? I remember in 2006 they were right around $31K or maybe a little less. If thats still the case then buy a stock model and add those extras yourself. Do you know what kind of lift is on that white one? Dealers usually like to add the cheapest aftermarket parts and sell the truck for thousands more then what they actually put into it.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think saving cash on a stock TRD-OR is the best deal. They can be had for 28.5 plus tags and taxes. At least that is what I got mine for and I'm not a very good negotiator. Just my 2 cents. But good luck with your purchase.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
TNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNHarley is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
What is the stock price of TRD OR models now? I remember in 2006 they were right around $31K or maybe a little less. If thats still the case then buy a stock model and add those extras yourself. Do you know what kind of lift is on that white one? Dealers usually like to add the cheapest aftermarket parts and sell the truck for thousands more then what they actually put into it.
That seems like an average price to me
I do not know, yet. I sent an e-mail, but then left work..
You could be right but she did say she had right at 4 in the extras.. Never know with them lol
Old 06-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Thanks for your opinions so far!
I have thought about just buying the stock TRD but I like both sets of wheels. And everything else on both is just pure convenience lol
Unless the intake and lift are junk, that is
Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
ferraz is on a distinguished road
Name: Germ
ferraz's Tacoma Gallery
Hi I am new to this site. I just purchased a new 13 Double Cab Baja TX. I dont know if its too late but let me tell you I am new to the off road world this is and I repeat this is my first 4x4 truck. So far I love the truck bro... Is a 6 speed manual with every thing I got mine for 1k under invoice. I also work at a ford dealer in san diego and have buddies that sell cars, the best thing you can do is have them go in a bidding war. Now the baja is badass like i said love every thing about it and I got it yesterday. Now i work in the service department when they install lift or wheels and tires to a truck that are aftermarket say goodbye to warranty: The lifts are usually ebay or amazon nothing great and wheels and tires are cheap and the tpms module goes cucu for cocopuffs. My advise is get the stock if thats what you like, if you want to do the tx baja I can tell you so far I love this darn thing.. is bad ass... Best of luck....