LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Owner from Houston, Accessory Advice Please

Old 06-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Zarcero is on a distinguished road
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
New Owner from Houston, Accessory Advice Please

Greetings. Just picked up a 2013 PreRunner V6 Quad cab, Texas Edition. I like it and think I negotiated down a good deal. This will be a mostly pavement vehicle with an occasional dirt road. Some camping/fishing activities, but mostly purchased for the height and safety aspects. It will be my commuter vehicle as well. I looked at the F150 Ford, really liked it, but found them to be too ginormous for me.

Please help me with various farkles.

1. I'd like to know about getting a deerslayer for the front since I ride out to West Texas a lot and deer hits are very common. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. Recommendations for something to cover the driver's seat. As I expect the cloth fabric will wear relatively quicker than for the other seats.

3. Floor mat recommendation for the driver's side.

4. I am also looking for cargo solutions like nets, storage bins, etc.

5. I ride a m/c but would use a trailer to haul that. I was surprised the tow package didn't include the ball mount, but only the receiver.

Thanks,

Z
Old 06-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to TW! I can recommend WeatherTech Digital fit floor liners. One of the best investments I made for my Tacoma.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
Congrats on the new truck and welcome to TW! I can recommend WeatherTech Digital fit floor liners. One of the best investments I made for my Tacoma.
Thank you sir. Those look like really rugged products. Did you buy them here in Houston? Store?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcero View Post
Thank you sir. Those look like really rugged products. Did you buy them here in Houston? Store?
To my knowledge I don't know anyone who sells them locally but you can get a set from Craigslist, they pop in every now and then, I'm on set #4 ? And every time I bought a set it was directly from Weathertech.com
Old 06-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
To my knowledge I don't know anyone who sells them locally but you can get a set from Craigslist, they pop in every now and then, I'm on set #4 ? And every time I bought a set it was directly from Weathertech.com
Thanks for the reply. Did you get the mat or the liner? The liner looks like it may trap more dirt and also be easier to clean.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
I see grille guards are controversial. Will also consider bumpers.

My main objective is to be able to drive away from a deer hit. It's gotten so bad in parts that I won't even drive out west past dark anymore.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, and welcome to TW!

I've been very happy with WeatherTech DigitalFit mats. I returned from Utah with nearly all of the red dirt and sand contained by the mats. Husky Liners are another popular option.

I'm looking for seat cover options, too. Wet Okole neoprene covers are very popular.

In the 2nd Gen section, there's a thread devoted to bumpers that lists quite a few. For your needs, you'll probably want one with a triple hoop to protect the lights and grill. The additional weight may require adjusting the suspension. An aluminum bumper will save weight, but cost more.

I've never seen a tow package come from the dealer with a ball mount/draw bar. I recently bought a Convert-a-Ball adjustable ball mount that is designed to cushion up/down & fore/aft movement. Seems to work well.

I don't know if you're interested in a bed cover, but I've been happy with a Softopper. I babble about it and other accessories in my build thread.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Good looking truck, and welcome to TW!

I've been very happy with WeatherTech DigitalFit mats...
My WeatherTech DigitalFit mats arrived today. Wow!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck OP. if you want a bumper you can hit a deer with a minimize damage to your truck check out ARB. They're built like a tank.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
MarX is on a distinguished road
MarX's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck welcome!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcero View Post
Greetings. Just picked up a 2013 PreRunner V6 Quad cab, Texas Edition. I like it and think I negotiated down a good deal. This will be a mostly pavement vehicle with an occasional dirt road. Some camping/fishing activities, but mostly purchased for the height and safety aspects. It will be my commuter vehicle as well. I looked at the F150 Ford, really liked it, but found them to be too ginormous for me.

Please help me with various farkles.

1. I'd like to know about getting a deerslayer for the front since I ride out to West Texas a lot and deer hits are very common. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

ARB or Bruteforce

2. Recommendations for something to cover the driver's seat. As I expect the cloth fabric will wear relatively quicker than for the other seats.

Wet Okole's, nothing better

3. Floor mat recommendation for the driver's side.

Good choice on the weathertechs

4. I am also looking for cargo solutions like nets, storage bins, etc.

I typically use the rubbermaid bins you find at Academy for items that need to go in the bed loose. It's easier to take them inside after the trip as well.

5. I ride a m/c but would use a trailer to haul that. I was surprised the tow package didn't include the ball mount, but only the receiver.

I haven't seen a ball come with a tow package before. Typically you have to get different height drops for what you're pulling so supplying one size with the truck probably wouldn't work.

Thanks,

Z
Nice looking truck!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
Zarcero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
I haven't seen a ball come with a tow package before. Typically you have to get different height drops for what you're pulling so supplying one size with the truck probably wouldn't work.
Come to think of it, the only hitch I have ever bought was an aftermarket installation for a specific trailer. So that's right, the dealer wouldn't know the height drop I'm trailerless right now anyways. Shopping for a small utility one.

Products Discussed in this Thread