Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Old Fart gets new Taco.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
GeneC is on a distinguished road

GeneC's Tacoma Gallery
Old Fart gets new Taco.

Hello Folks.

Just purchased a new 2013 Tacoma 4x4 (Live in rural Maine where 4x4 is pretty much a must). This is my 2nd new Toyota 4x4. First one was a 1981 (Told you I was old..).. . Brand New it WAS $7,700. Times have changed....

2nd was a used 1985. Had zero problems with both, and really I expect the same with the 2013. I like standard tranny and regular cab. Would have gone with 6 cyl. If it were available in the regular cab. Its not. But the 4 cyl is surprisingly peppy. Certainly much more than the old rusty 4 cyl. Wrangler TJ I just got rid of.

I am an old fart (68) but still like my trucks, and 4-wheeling. Hundreds of old logging roads here in Maine to explore.

I could not wait to tinker with it. New TRD wheels, and Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs.
Extang TriFold Hard Tonneau and tailgate lock are coming UPS.

Looking for nerf bars, but hard to find for regular cab. Probably a bull bar a bit later.

Hope to learn much on this fine forum...
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome buddy. You'll get alot of good use out of that truck.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Gene,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of great info here. We are in the same boat, kinda. I'm quickly sneaking up on being an old fart (59). It seems a lot of kids post here, just forgive them their youth. We have the understanding that comes with age. I am on my second Tacoma also, having traded in my 2010 AC (access cab) for a 2013 DCSB (double cab short bed). No logging roads here in St. Louis, MO, just mean bumpy streets that may not get plowed in the winter.

Good luck with your new Taco. Keep the shiny side up.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
GeneC is on a distinguished road

GeneC's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks folks.
The 1981 went 181k before I traded it in. Had it 11 years. Total repair costs $54 for ERG valve. I am thinking this one will be as reliable. Sure is more comfortable...
Old 06-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
hellO...welcome to the forum! enjoy
Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
NICE TRUCK--right behind you in age-56. I too am on my THIRD Toyota. 1978,1991-now 2003.
The 4bangers were OK and did the job-Now have the 6cyl. it is definately worth the extra expense.(reg cab -not available)
You will LIKE IT HERE at TW
***** WELCOME******
Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
hello and welcome from california and glad to see another single cab like my self
Old 06-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
That is a purty truck! Those regular cab Tacomas look the best out of all the different styles, too. It also looks killer in red and black...doesn't even need any chrome!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Don't see very many single cabs anymore.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneC View Post
Thanks folks.
The 1981 went 181k before I traded it in. Had it 11 years. Total repair costs $54 for ERG valve. I am thinking this one will be as reliable. Sure is more comfortable...
Hi Gene,

You sound like me. I'm an old single cab guy, too.

Enjoy your visits here.

Greg
Old 06-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #13
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I admit I've shopped the Reg cab trucks.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I like the 4x4 reg cab. All business, even if the business is having fun.