Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

FNG Intro

Old 06-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
GSPV has a spectacular aura aboutGSPV has a spectacular aura about
GSPV's Tacoma Gallery
FNG Intro

I've been lurking a while.

Like Zor, I'm downsizing. I have a 2006 Megacab with Cummins. Kids are off to college, don't hang out with my lovely wife and I much any more. It just makes sense to get something that I really like and fits in the garage .

I drove the '96 4Runner Sport that my son now drives (268k miles). I was as happy with it as a guy could possibly be. With the 4Runner now huge, the Tacoma was a natural choice.

We found a manual to test drive and it was like coming home. So, a 2013 Dual Cab 4.0 6 speed TRD Sport is inbound to us. I should pick it up sometime this week.

It's in magnetic gray. I'm wanting to go for the blacked out look. If anyone has suggestions about a blacked out mesh grill, wheels, etc., feel free to PM me.

I'll post pictures when I get it home.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
interested in pics of cummins lol
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
GSPV's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the dealership that my dealer was trying to get the Taco from said "Heck No", so mine is now on order. 8 to 12 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
GSPV's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so it wasn't really on order because their district sales manager had to fond out if he could order a 2013 and then made like a ballistic missile submarine.

So, I got my deposit back and went to another dealership.

Bottom line is that I get exactly what I want, it will be assembled on the 20th and probably at the dealer around the first week of July.

The biggest problem was a case of mistaken identity...the first dealership mistook me for someone that would put up with being jerked around.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
GSPV's Tacoma Gallery
Picked it up Wednesday. Finally.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, congrats! Nice dog, too.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
GSPV's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

The shorthair in the back is a GREAT dog. He's not 3 yet and I already have a wall full of orange ribbons of his.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
HeavyLifter is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
HeavyLifter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. I bought the same back in March except mine is an automatic. Put Nitto Terra Grapplers on it with black XD Revolvers. Also tinted the windows and put a leveling kit on it. Will black out the badges at some point.