LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Rhino lined camper shell? Opinions please!

Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Krs1760 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Krs1760's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino lined camper shell? Opinions please!

Hello all so I'm going to buy a used camper shell off of Craigslist and thinking of options. I would really like to color match to my silver truck but thought of rhino lining the outside. It has windoors so this will help with damage to the side from loading, I won't have to wax it and what I invision in my mind would look bad a**! Anyone with good advice positive or negative hit me up! Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
do it, rhino line or line x it. or get some black vinyl wrap and wrap it.

imho i love the look of a black cab on silver trucks, it will look kinda like a best top or soft topper does. imho color matched it makes the truck look to much like an suv from a distance.

If i had to have a hard cab i’d bed line it or vinyl wrap it black.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say post a request in the "photoshop request" thread. They could make an image with a rhino-lined color camper shell on your truck, or change the color of someone elses shell.

I suggest finding a truck that looks like yours and asking them to make the shell look rhino-lined.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
I personally only like having a shell in winter, I live in CO so its a luxury not having to constantly move shit around in the back.

If i was in a warmer state all year round id just look into a sweet military canvas.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krs1760 View Post
Hello all so I'm going to buy a used camper shell off of Craigslist and thinking of options. I would really like to color match to my silver truck but thought of rhino lining the outside. It has windoors so this will help with damage to the side from loading, I won't have to wax it and what I invision in my mind would look bad a**! Anyone with good advice positive or negative hit me up! Thanks!!!
Sounds cool
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Firefighter:
Krs1760's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info didn't know there was a photo shop portion I never go past buy/sell/trade lol. Well I wasent gonna linex or rhino line from factory was thinking of getting the DIY roll on stuff and tape everything off. A buddy of mine had it in his bed and it looks pretty good, but of coarse mine would be on the outside of a shell lol. Any personal experiences with this stuff? Also like the wrap idea! Where could I go to get that done or is it a DIY thing also. I'm in SoCal btw and just want more security with surf stuff in the bock of truck so she'll will be a year round thing. Also do a lot of baja camping so less moon dust on camp gear = happy me!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I bet that getting a spray on bedliner would cost more than what you are buying the shell for.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
Firefighter:
Krs1760's Tacoma Gallery
Shell is gonna be 650.00 that's with carpeted headliner, windoors, sliding/removable front window. It's a leer made in 2008. To paint would be between 250-400 from macco so I could get my dream shell for 1000.00 when they don't sell base models for less than that in SoCal. Just looking for different and cheaper options than paint
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krs1760 View Post
Shell is gonna be 650.00 that's with carpeted headliner, windoors, sliding/removable front window. It's a leer made in 2008. To paint would be between 250-400 from macco so I could get my dream shell for 1000.00 when they don't sell base models for less than that in SoCal. Just looking for different and cheaper options than paint
You can get it colour matched in LineX

That would be cool
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Firefighter:
Krs1760's Tacoma Gallery
Rees a post with a green fj rhinoed looks badass! Sure it's expensive though. Kinda looking for a cheaper color change option lol
Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #11
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You can get it colour matched in LineX

That would be cool
I think only Rhino does that. I had the bed sprayed to match in my last Taco.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
I think only Rhino does that. I had the bed sprayed to match in my last Taco.
http://www.line-x.ca/index.php?page=colour
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #13
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wish I didn't know that, now I'll be tempted to get stuff linexed in color.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Firefighter:
Krs1760's Tacoma Gallery
Got a quote for linex they say 450.00 to paint is 350.00. Totally torn! To paint and wax every month or linex and have care free matinence lol.