Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

2013 TX Baja

Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Bran88hi is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Bran88hi's Tacoma Gallery
2013 TX Baja

I've never really done any threads but I cannot find anything on this truck. As everyone knows the Baja is not a cheap truck and I do not want to kill it. As part of the deal I had 285/75 R16 BFG Mud Terrains ordered. The dealership is thinking that the only way to fit them with no rubbing is a readylift leveling kit because the gas shocks are not adjustable. I'm fine with the Baja decal that a lot of people are complaining about but want just a little higher ride. I had the 285s on my old tacoma with a Truxx leveling kit with no rub. I like the ride of the mud terrains and they don't seem to grab gravels and throw them everywhere like the all terrains. Am I screwing up or should I try the spacer lift? I'm lost... Please help!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #2

Here is the one I just traded in with the 285s on it with at Truxxx leveling kit.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
ReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really niceReddingtonTRD is just really nice

Name: Sean
ReddingtonTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the truck! I purchased my 13 Baja a couple months ago, and love it! I traded in my 12 Off-Road, and I feel that this one by far, offers a much more capable suspension. Part of my decision (rationalization ) to go with the Baja, was it's quite ready "out-of-the-box" for some moderate to tougher trails. I did Hollister Hills medium trails and the truck barely broke a sweat. I especially like its capabilities while preserving the ride's geometry and quality. It has that sweet spot of a lift that allows it to hold it's own while still providing solid, comfortable highway ride. This is my 6th Toyota pickup and the best I've driven so far. Congrats again!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
The Baja suspension gives it like 2" over others already. I wouldn't go much higher...I would assume that if it fit your other truck with a leveling kit, then it would fit the stock Baja, and you wouldn't have to loose your ride quality.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddingtonTRD View Post
Congrats on the truck! I purchased my 13 Baja a couple months ago, and love it! I traded in my 12 Off-Road, and I feel that this one by far, offers a much more capable suspension. Part of my decision (rationalization ) to go with the Baja, was it's quite ready "out-of-the-box" for some moderate to tougher trails. I did Hollister Hills medium trails and the truck barely broke a sweat. I especially like its capabilities while preserving the ride's geometry and quality. It has that sweet spot of a lift that allows it to hold it's own while still providing solid, comfortable highway ride. This is my 6th Toyota pickup and the best I've driven so far. Congrats again!
SET dealer daily says Toyota is not making the Baja package any more and are only making 920 this year. Don't modify these things and they may be worth a pretty penny one day.

Products Discussed in this Thread