Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hopefully soon!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
jaymac10 is on a distinguished road

jaymac10's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Hopefully soon!

Hi,

So the wife has been really busting my balls about getting rid of my car (2011 Subaru STi Hatch) and getting at truck (2012 Tacoma TRD).

In all honesty, a truck will be a lot more practical for my family so as much as it breaks my heart to say this, I'm actually on board!

I have two children (4.5 & 2.5 years old). You should see how much crap we have to haul around now and it's only going to get worse...

I currently have an Acadia, and thought that would be more than enough room for us... but it's getting to the point where we need a truck bed. I'm borrowing my dads truck quite often even just dealing with house/yard stuff..

Lastly, I'm also getting into hunting/camping so an off road 4x4 would be valuable to have. (plus I can put a quad in the back at some point )

My 2011 STi is actually my 3rd one so I've been in the Sti game since 2005.

While I'll be sad to see her go, I do look forward to a truck!

Cheers,

Jay (<-first post!)
Old 06-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Jay!

You will not be disappointed with a Tacoma! I am with you on needing a truck, I don't know what I would have done without mine!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post
Hi,

So the wife has been really busting my balls about getting rid of my car (2011 Subaru STi Hatch) and getting at truck (2012 Tacoma TRD).

In all honesty, a truck will be a lot more practical for my family so as much as it breaks my heart to say this, I'm actually on board!

I have two children (4.5 & 2.5 years old). You should see how much crap we have to haul around now and it's only going to get worse...

I currently have an Acadia, and thought that would be more than enough room for us... but it's getting to the point where we need a truck bed. I'm borrowing my dads truck quite often even just dealing with house/yard stuff..

Lastly, I'm also getting into hunting/camping so an off road 4x4 would be valuable to have. (plus I can put a quad in the back at some point )

My 2011 STi is actually my 3rd one so I've been in the Sti game since 2005.

While I'll be sad to see her go, I do look forward to a truck!

Cheers,

Jay (<-first post!)
haha just get a S/C for it
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
Bananagram is on a distinguished road
Bananagram's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard. I got rid of my 2012 WRX a few weeks ago and picked up a 2013 Tacoma DCLB. Night and day difference, in a good way. I do miss the Subaru a lot though.

Good choice I say!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
TIM.TRDSparks is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on a truck! My wife told me we needed a truck instead of my xB and I bought a DCLB for that reason.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I am just like you. I traded in my 2007 SWP STI for my first Tacoma. I really miss it, but I've really enjoyed having a truck again. I keep looking at the new STIs, maybe I will own one again.