Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New owner in Guam

Old 06-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
New owner in Guam

Hey guys. Just makin' my intro. Just bought my first Tacoma. Sold a jeep for this one. I'm already looking into modding this truck like I did the jeep. Not sure what will come first though.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tw. I'd like to know is a built jeep really much more capable than a built Tacoma? I just want to know.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #3
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Moua - couldn't tell ya. I know that the way I built my jeep I could go anywhere I wanted to. I also know that I decided to get a Tacoma over the jeep. Toyotas are god out here in the pacific and have blazed most of the trails here on island so that a jeep could follow. Once I get my taco built up I will revisit this and let you know, but my bet is on the toyota.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie80 View Post
Moua - couldn't tell ya. I know that the way I built my jeep I could go anywhere I wanted to. I also know that I decided to get a Tacoma over the jeep. Toyotas are god out here in the pacific and have blazed most of the trails here on island so that a jeep could follow. Once I get my taco built up I will revisit this and let you know, but my bet is on the toyota.
Lol yep, I wouldn't doubt it, just wanted to know. Yeah I just want to compare my truck to a jeep after I get done with my sas. 2 years of preparing and I'm still not ready to put the axle in yet. Lol
Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #6

What axle are ya gonna go with in the front? Are ya keeping the stock rear axle or replacing it? What kind of suspension are ya gonna go with in the front and rear?
Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie80 View Post
What axle are ya gonna go with in the front? Are ya keeping the stock rear axle or replacing it? What kind of suspension are ya gonna go with in the front and rear?
78 f150 Dana 44. Yeah for ease and since I have the 8.4 same as on tundra why not keep it since I'm only going with 33's. Imma just do leafs, for cost and simplicity. Sounds quite simple when I first thought of it, but that was back in 2011. Lol I finally got almost all the parts, just need to get some steel to fab up some stuff and I should be ready to do it. Lol