Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New member from NYS, Delaware County

Old 06-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
kb2tha is on a distinguished road
kb2tha's Tacoma Gallery
New member from NYS, Delaware County

Not new to forums but 1st post here. Also not new to trucks, however have been without one for awhile.

My first Toyota was a 2002 Tundra. Loved the truck but gave it up in order to purchase a 1997 GMC 1 ton diesel cargo van. Ran that on veg oil for 37k miles before I came back to the realization that I really needed a truck.

Went to work on a 1959 Chevrolet Apache done as a Texaco theme truck. That should be on the road before the end of summer.

In 2011 bought a new Corolla. Loved the car and the gas mileage (as much as 40 mpg - 5sp). On a recent trip where it was absolutely loaded, my wife asked, "What year is this?" I responded a 2011 and questioned why. She then said, "You need a truck". So that brings me here.

Found a 2008 TRD Off Road SR5 AC with 32.8k miles. Took abit of a hit on the Corolla trade, but sticker on the truck was $5400 under KBB. Truck is V6 auto with a Leer 700 hard shell. Excellent condition. Paid $9000 difference. Corolla had 40k miles. I'm happy with it and it is getting 19-20.5 mpg so far.

Have it currently loaded with tools and materials while at my SIL house to help on his garage build. Have noticed the spring sag common with these trucks. Even though over 3 YO, I will try seeing what various dealers will do about this under the TSB alert. It would seem that Toyota would not want the liability issue (if I am on record) of any future problems arising from this recognized issue. We'll see.

Thanks for this great forum.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Can't wait to see that old Chev when it's done!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from NY