Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

2013 pre runner 4x4 or 4x2?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Irontaco69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rex
Irontaco69's Tacoma Gallery
2013 pre runner 4x4 or 4x2?

Im new here, I was a member of toyota nation as a proud corolla owner (09 MGM Corolla s with 24,000) I am selling that to upgrade to a tacoma. I have found the one i want a white 2013 pre runner sport package 4x4. My question is... the 4x4 worth the extra 3-4,000 the stealership will cost me? i plan to off road as much as i can but im also a college student trying to save money. so should i go with the pre runner 4x4 or 4x2? thanls for the help in advance!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
pre runner is only 2 wheel drive.

depending what kind of offroading you do a pre runner OR (has a locker) may be sufficient but most guys will recommend a 4wd if your hardcore offroading.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
just get a 4wd. i know you're on a budget, but you might regret not getting the 4wd later down the road
Old 06-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Go 4wd you will not regret it since you will know you have it
Old 06-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
pre runner is only 2 wheel drive.

depending what kind of offroading you do a pre runner OR (has a locker) may be sufficient but most guys will recommend a 4wd if your hardcore offroading.
sorry the trd sport package is 4x4 right? the locker also comes on a 4x4 model but without the hood scoop. I like the hood scoop
Old 06-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
Ill see what price i can get on it, i got offered 30k for a 2013 at a local dealership, but i want to make my purchase on july 4th. I feel i can get a really good price then
Old 06-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Sport can be 4x4
Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
dph473 is on a distinguished road
dph473's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 comes in both the sport and off-road packages. If you like the scoop then pre-runner sport or 4x4 sport.
You would have to evaluate how serious you will be going off-road I guess. I only use 4x4 for snow and switched to the 4x2 pre-runner with no regrets. Cheaper and saves gas.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph473 View Post
4x4 comes in both the sport and off-road packages. If you like the scoop then pre-runner sport or 4x4 sport.
You would have to evaluate how serious you will be going off-road I guess. I only use 4x4 for snow and switched to the 4x2 pre-runner with no regrets. Cheaper and saves gas.
my friend has a 2012 pre runner sport 4x2 with king front suspension and all terrain tires he says his truck handles the snow very well. the insurance difference is literally 9$
i plan to take it out almost every weekend if possible, no long travel... not yet anyways. so just basic fun in the dirt i guess
Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 AM   #10
Slow lane cruiser
Bandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: USAF Firefighter gone legit
Name: Another Matt
Bandit's Tacoma Gallery
Get a 4x4. The extra money will be worth it every time you need 4x4. Trust me.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:16 AM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
College student that is trying to save money buys brand knew 30K vehicle?

That don't make sense?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
College student that is trying to save money buys brand knew 30K vehicle?

That don't make sense?
I was involved in a car accident a few years back that left me with some permanent back problems so I received settlement money for it, that's how I'm buying it. I'm trying to save money because I work 3 jobs and live on my own
Old 06-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irontaco69 View Post
I was involved in a car accident a few years back that left me with some permanent back problems so I received settlement money for it, that's how I'm buying it. I'm trying to save money because I work 3 jobs and live on my own
Not to seem like your parents or something but you should quit a couple jobs and use the settlement money to pay bills.

Buy a reliable older car for now.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irontaco69 View Post
So you want a truck ride with a bad back ?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport has the hood scoop and a 8.4" rear diff with limited slip

TRD Off Road has no scoop, an 8" rear diff and the e-locker
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
i have a bad back and its nearly impossible for me to get in and out of low cars, thats why i got rid of my Si and got the taco.

no it doesnt ride like a cadillac and the seats suck after a two hour ride but its surely alot better then trying to get my ass up and down from 2 inches off the ground
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Not to seem like your parents or something but you should quit a couple jobs and use the settlement money to pay bills.

Buy a reliable older car for now.
I have a decent car right now i just want an slightly need a truck for my part time construction job.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
4x4 without question. Maybe not the day or month you get it; eventually you'll want it. Make sure you educate yourself on the different packages so you get what you want. If you trust the dealership with your money, they will spend it. Possibly not on what you are looking for.
i feel like i know exactly what i want i just need to find the right price for it
Old 06-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I drive work trucks almost everyday, all ford diesel trucks. all i find more comfortable than my corolla