Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First time Tacoma owner from Canada!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
nugget is on a distinguished road
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
First time Tacoma owner from Canada!

Hey everyone. My name is Kemp. New to the Tacoma scene. Not a stranger to cars as I've probably owned 30+ vehicles since I was 16 (26 now). I've owned, Supra's, S2000, IS300, Integra's, CRV, Acura EL's, Accord's, Datsun 280z, Corvette, RX7.... etc but this is my first truck.

Its a 1998 Toyota Tacoma Xtra-cab. Green in colour and with tan interior. I know nothing really about trucks but I'm here to learn. The truck is pretty much stock with little modifications to it which only include newer headlights, Corner lights and bumper signal lights.

I've recently acquired a center console from a 01-04 Tacoma. Some of you have helped me learn that they do fit in 98-00 Tacoma's (much appreciated).

For future mods, I'd like to do a custom grill with the old school style "TOYOTA" wording on it to replace the toyota emblem. And the following:

• 3" body lift
• Front bull bar
• ARB bumper (if I can afford it one day haha)
• bigger wheels and tires (looking towards 17's or 18's)
• bushwacker flares
• rain visors

Thats probably it for now.

But I do have a question to wheels I guess. I was interested in purchasing BFD Wheels. They remind me a lot of the TE37 wheels. But being a car guy at heart, I have no idea what I would need to look into for fitment of wheels for trucks. Will they clear my stock hubs? Any information would be great. I pretty much like all the options that FN Wheels have to offer. Thanks guys. Now heres a pic of my truck

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Recker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Recker
Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome
Old 06-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, first off, welcome! And 98 FTW

As for those BFD's, they should fit. They have the right 6-lug pattern, the only thing you'll have to check is backspacing. Since they're 9" wide, I think you'll need 4.5" backspacing to clear the spindle. But I'd email or call to check, not 100% sure.
Good luck modding!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin truck! Welcome.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Hey man, first off, welcome! And 98 FTW

As for those BFD's, they should fit. They have the right 6-lug pattern, the only thing you'll have to check is backspacing. Since they're 9" wide, I think you'll need 4.5" backspacing to clear the spindle. But I'd email or call to check, not 100% sure.
Good luck modding!
Thanks for the kind words you guys. I'll have to do more research on wheels. I was looking at the Level 8 wheels. They look very similar to the BFD's but I was told that they wouldn't fit
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
MountainMike is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MountainMike's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. No matter what the question, it seems like someone on here has tried or knows how to. I am not that knowledgeable on wheels, but I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for. Don't forget to try the search function to see if someone has already posted something helpful. Welcome again!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
toyotacowboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Joshua
toyotacowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Seems like a mature bunch of people on this forum so far. Rare to come by these days haha.