1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a little help deciding on options

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MattB77, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Jul 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    MattB77

MattB77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Do they charge labor cost if it's done at the factory? I know they do if it's done at the dealer. Reason I ask is when I mentioned to him wanting exhaust and CAI he gave me the price of parts and labor if I was to do it on the red model he had on his lot. But since I want black he has to order from factory there wouldn't be a labor charge for the exhaust and CAi to be installed. So I wonder if that would be the same for the SC

2. Jul 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    i would assume there wouldnt be if the others wouldnt be charged i would just call and ask.

3. Jul 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I don't think it is ever done at the factory.
    But Toyota covers it under normal warranty if it is installed by the dealership.

A lot of the "options" that you see listed on the Toyota web site are dealer-installed. Spoilers, running boards, floor mats, cargo nets... even some graphics packages... not so much Toyota, but the Camaro graphics are dealer options.

4. Jul 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    TR90125

TR90125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    Bone stock for now....
    If you are factory ordering, I am pretty sure vinyl flooring is an option. purchased the exact same truck you want at the end of last year and my only regret is not getting the vinyl flooring.

5. Jul 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Well will see if he can get me the Sport model with black side steps cat back system and the super charger for 35k I'm going to do it

6. Jul 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM
    RaymanTRD

RaymanTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    MI
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 6-spd
    TRD cat back TRD quick shifter TRD skid plate bed extender
    TRD sc kit is close to 4k parts alone...I'd love to swim that but no way in hell I was even gonna try to bring that up to my wife lol.

7. Jul 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    RaymanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    MI
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 6-spd
    AFAIK you can't get that added at the factory. It's a dealer option-for dealer to make profit. I ordered my truck through factory direct through Toyota (manufacturer not dealership) and SC is not an option. Nor are TRD wheels. There are things they reserve for dealer upgrades only to give them profit.

8. Jul 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    ^ LOL my wife wasn't to into the idea when I brought it up guess I'm the stupid one. So a SC can't be added at the factory but trd CAI and exhaust can?

9. Jul 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Nope.

Those are still dealer options.

10. Jul 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Anyone know how much adding navi is?

11. Jul 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Dealer says Navi isn't available on access cab and said quote "the supercharger will be $10k installed according to my tech".... ummmm are you for real dude 10k?!

12. Jul 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    That sucks maybe u can find a nice pre owned with those Options? Or just lose the SC and get nav installed aftermarket at a audio shop

13. Jul 10, 2013 at 6:39 AM
    RaymanTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    MI
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 6-spd
    10k is bs. Even with profit margin I'd say 6-6.5k would be the most a dealer should charge for the complete install of the sc kit. I understand they'd have to install injectors and reflash the ECU but other than that the kit is a bolt on. No way you could charge more than 3k on labor. That's 30hrs...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  14. Jul 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Guys quick question , he said they require 500 deposit when having to order a truck. Is this normal ? I wanted to be able to finance all of it

15. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Find a different dealer.
    Current dealer orders are for the 2014 model year. 2013 is done.
    Pricing won't even be out on the 2014 until September
    Welcome to Toyota Fleet | Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.

And on the Nav system, it looks like he's right. It's only available on the enhanced JBL system, which is only available in the Doublecab.

16. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    Well I was thinking about telling him that I plan on financing the whole truck. So if he needs me to come down and show you in ore approved I can or sign Somthing that obligates me to that truck I can do that as well. I don't see how that wouldn't be fair

17. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    Every dealer I work at if u order a vehicle they require a deposit very normal you do get it back tho an once it arrives you are not obligated to buy it either don't sign anything till you see it, I do deals like this every week

18. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    MattB77

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD Sport
    ^ok so they refund it once it comes in?

19. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    xtyfighterx

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    Yes u have the choice to get it back or put it towards a down payment I've worked at 3 different dealers all the same policy I would make sure this dealer does the same which I'm 99% sure

20. Jul 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    There is no reason for the dealership to EVER require a deposit.
    If you don't buy it, someone will.
    Requiring a deposit is a serious tipoff to a dealership that is going to scam you in one way or another. They'll get your $500, then they'll get a truck that isn't what you want and force you to take it or forfeit your deposit.

These days, they CAN'T custom order anything from the factory.
    Go to the Toyota web site and put in your zip code.
    What you see there is what you can get from the factory.
    Double cab has like 6 different options levels... but every one of them is a package.
    Access cab has maybe 4 options, Regular cab has the same or less.
    Anything beyond those basic options packages is a dealer-installed option.

Regular cab with cruise control, intermittent wipers, or fog lights? Nope. They can not be ordered. Even though the cruise and wipers are an easy $250 job that you can do yourself in 15 minutes with nothing more than a multi-tool, the factory WON'T do it, and the dealer will tell you that you need a new wiper motor and ECU.

Very seriously.... find another dealership and report these guys to corporate. Toyota has pulled franchises over things like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top