Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Future Taco Owner (~1 yr away) visit here often

Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
maverick22 is on a distinguished road
maverick22's Tacoma Gallery
Future Taco Owner (~1 yr away) visit here often

I visit here often and finally decided to join so I can post. I'm about a year away from buying a Tacoma--that's the plan at least.

I work at a title loan company that sells repossessed vehicles. It just never works out that we get any Tundras/Tacomas in. I got lucky a few months ago and snagged a very nice 03 Tundra access cab TRD package, black chrome wheels, stepside for $5,000! Got a pretty good deal cuz we sell these cars cheap.

Anyways, this Tundra was being used as an extra vehicle, and we were in a position we needed money so we got rid of it last month. I'm still pissed about it--sucks talking about it 'cause it was such a nice Tundra for $5,000. Probably won't see a deal like that again around here!

As much as I loved the Tundra, it wasn't exactly perfect for my needs. Granted, I'm no big "hauler" or anything. Just would like a pickup in the family to move the occasional needed item(s). I loved the power of the V8 on the Tundra, but gas wasn't too great. With a 1 year old, the access cab/those suicide doors got annoying. Also I wasn't used to driving a truck so driving around the city, parking lots, was just slightly a pain.

I think the Tacoma would be perfect--smaller truck, better on gas, double cab for the kiddo. Need to pay off the wife's Highlander (about a year left), and I think we'll be good. I'm starting early to do my research so I'll know exactly what to get when the time comes. Not sure if I'll go with an '08 (around DFW lately finding anything with low miles is around $20K--not sure if I'll go used or new).

I just wanted to introduce myself. Like I said I visit here often. Looking forward to posting and hearing others' advice!

-mav
Old 07-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I apologize on behalf of the community for the late welcome.

WELCOME!

Please enjoy the band...

:dancingbac on:
Old 07-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
hellO...welcome!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
maverick22 is on a distinguished road
maverick22's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone. Very informative forum here...seem like some great people too!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! I'm surprised that nobody saw your post until now. Sorry about that!
Finding something low-mileage anywhere isn't going to be cheap- unless it's been wrecked or something. But good luck nonetheless!