Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

From this to this:

Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
provofan is on a distinguished road
provofan's Tacoma Gallery
From this to this:

I just went from a great commuter car= 2003 Corolla to a new 2013 black 4 door Tacoma- TRD- off road. Glad to be in a truck again. Took it for a little spin in the mountains after breaking it in.

This is my new Rocky Mountain High! Any suggestions for improving it? I am thinking Lift, Wheels, Roof Rack...
Attached Thumbnails
From this to this:-1.jpg   From this to this:-img-20130629-00480.jpg  
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome bud, I'd send a PM to ImMrYo and get your mirror moved up about 5" and add some weather techs, those are the must need mods IMO.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Mazzive is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Mazzive's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Congrats and welcome!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
NateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
NateTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Where up in the mountains did you go?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
provofan is on a distinguished road
provofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTRD View Post
Welcome! Where up in the mountains did you go?
That pic is near the crossroads of Hobble Creek Left Fork and Diamond Fork Canyon. Looks like you are from Utah. I would love to learn about some good trails you like
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice upgrade. Should have kept both. I still have my 03 Civic for miles and the Taco for fun.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
NateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
NateTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by provofan View Post
That pic is near the crossroads of Hobble Creek Left Fork and Diamond Fork Canyon. Looks like you are from Utah. I would love to learn about some good trails you like
Cool. I've never been up that way. I also just got my Tacoma a few months ago, so I'm looking for places to go. I went down to Moab in early June which was a lot of fun. I'm still getting the courage to try out the trails up AF canyon.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
lolas.place is on a distinguished road
lolas.place's Tacoma Gallery
You guys might be surprised to find where your taco can go. My fave is to fill the tank, throw an ice chest in the back with snacks and just drive.

West dessert (follow the pony express road then turn off towards whatever mtns look good) has some fun and challenging and beautiful areas. (it's also melt your tires hot, so cooler times of year are best) You can search some ghost town information or Utah gem info to give you a destination if you like that, or have kids that need to stretch their legs before the return trip.

AF canyon is great, but be careful if you follow the dirt at TibbleFork, that road used to be maintained and was barely wide enough but now the mine has been shut down/sold the road is not maintained anymore. I havn't tried it personally this year, but know it was often barely passable in previous years.

Ashley National, Uintas and anything directly west of the Heber/Park City and North of Strawberry area is both cool and beautiful this time of year.

I usually save the Hobble/Spanish Fork areas for early Summer and then again in Fall, the overlooks make it so worth it.

Congrats on your upgrade!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #9
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Welcome to TW! Your Mod list will grow everyday... Mine is pages long... Now how to pay for it?.... Watch your wallet!