Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

TRD Air Intake

Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
herrerat is on a distinguished road
herrerat's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Air Intake

Anyone know if Toyota will be coming out with the TRD acold air intake for the 2013 Tacomas?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrerat View Post
Anyone know if Toyota will be coming out with the TRD acold air intake for the 2013 Tacomas?
Get the AFE for the 2012 and up.

And don't worry about "TRD this and TRD that" making a difference.... TRD just pays others to produce products. Afe is a proven intake, stick with them..... They made the original TRD intake for the second gens and it worked great.
The newer TRD (with the plastic lid) is made by k&n and throws check engine lights

TRD doesn't make ur exhaust for instance so don't feel like ur being unfaithful
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Plus one Brock you the intake KINg
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Get an are pro dry or a k&n air filter and you will have a cold air intake for a fraction of the price
Old 07-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
jeffro2388 is on a distinguished road
jeffro2388's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Get the AFE for the 2012 and up.

And don't worry about "TRD this and TRD that" making a difference.... TRD just pays others to produce products. Afe is a proven intake, stick with them..... They made the original TRD intake for the second gens and it worked great.
The newer TRD (with the plastic lid) is made by k&n and throws check engine lights

TRD doesn't make ur exhaust for instance so don't feel like ur being unfaithful
I am getting $500 and service credit at the dealer as part of my deal when i bought my taco a few weeks ago and was thinking of using it towards a TRD cold air take. Are you saying that it will throw my check engine lights?
Just trying to get as much input as possible before I decide.
Thanks.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've read the 12 doesn't fit on the 13s
Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

jparf's Tacoma Gallery
This forum, other posts.

I think it physically fits but some wires are different on the 13s.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #11

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...TG4&brandID=56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
This forum, other posts.

I think it physically fits but some wires are different on the 13s.

I'll call them for you...... 1 sec
Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #12

Justus's Tacoma Gallery

Just got off the phone with afe...... This part number fits the 2012-2013
Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be in my garage working on my catch can.....I'll check in periodically.

Sometimes we get info mixed up..... Then that info spreads on forums till it becomes truff.

Happy hunting

And don't forget to tip your server
Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
herrerat is on a distinguished road
herrerat's Tacoma Gallery
buttons

what are all the buttons for on your tacoma. Looks nice
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #15
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be in my garage working on my catch can.....I'll check in periodically.

Sometimes we get info mixed up..... Then that info spreads on forums till it becomes truff.

Happy hunting

And don't forget to tip your server
maybe a handy who knows.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrerat View Post
what are all the buttons for on your tacoma. Looks nice
i am guessing your talking to me ???

If so first row is fogs/clutch engage/ power converter
second row is front locker/ air compressor/ rear locker.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #17

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe a handy who knows.

Quote:
i am guessing your talking to me ???

If so first row is fogs/clutch engage/ power converter
second row is front locker/ air compressor/ rear locker.

must be you.......... I never finished my build thread
Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
blissfully biased

jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just got off the phone with afe...... This part number fits the 2012-2013
I was talking about the TRD like the OP posted on...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #19

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
I was talking about the TRD like the OP posted on...
My bad.

Leave it to k&n to continue to drop the ball.