1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poor TV guy, got his truck locked up at driver side door.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by A1tvyu, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jul 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    A1tvyu

A1tvyu [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2003 regular cab.
    Hi, I am a small TV guy who run a home based TV repair shop by using Tacoma go to customer.
    My Tacoma 2003 regular cab version, now the driver side lock can not unlock. I tried to fix it. I already changed the lock cylinder & new outside handle but it still don’t work. I compare it with the passenger side, the outside handle and inside handle can not control the locker that holds the door close to the body. This locker uses three screws to install it on the door. After I destroy the outside handle in order to reach the linkers, I push them but I still can not open the door, but I have once by pushing linkers and can open the door, so that I can remove the inside door panel, Now the inside door panel was already removed, and I can touch the linkers & the inside lock cylinder to the linker. I put in new lock cylinder & handle but they can not control lickers. I push the linkers but the door still can not open. Now the door locked again, with the inside door panel removed. If I want to open the door I need to remove new door handle & new lock cylinder again, this time I need not to destroy them but just unscrew two screws that hold the handle from inside the cabinet. Please tell me the parts number of this locker and the actual name of it. Locker is the name I give to it for easy talking on it. Please tell me how to disassemble & reassemble it.
    Now I need to get into & out of my truck via passenger door. It is very no good, and if this door get problem also, I can not have my truck to help me to work.

Please help me.
    Thank you
    07-17-2013

2. Nov 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    A1tvyu

A1tvyu [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2003 regular cab.
    Thank you, my problem solved, I purchased a new lock assemble, and open the door. I changed this new lock assemble, the door is working fine now. The old lock assemble I fixed it to workable status. It was one small spring get problem. I changed a new spring to it. now it is OK lock assemble. any one want it please email me at yuming@sbcglobal.net and pay for the shipping cost I will mail it to you.

Thank you
    A1tvyu
    11-10-2013

3. Nov 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thanks for the update!

Products Discussed in

To Top