Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Taco Owner.... Goodbye Trusty Old Dodge

Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
BigDogTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
BigDogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Taco Owner.... Goodbye Trusty Old Dodge

I bought a 2003 Dodge 4.6L new 10 years ago and had minimal problems. She was a good truck, but it was time to move on. I just picked up a 2013 Texas edition over the weekend.

I was a member of the Dodge Truck World forums back in the day before they turned into crap. It looks like you guys have a pretty good community.

I just purchased my first mod (AFE Air Filter). The in-site advertising has already paid off!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and unlike dodge fanyboys we are not as bad but just don't post I got rid of my Tacoma for whatever lol you will get for it
Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Welcome and unlike dodge fanyboys we are not as bad but just don't post I got rid of my Tacoma for whatever lol you will get for it
Yes, I recall faintly some ole chap here a few months back posting about how he got rid of his Taco in favor for a Dodge Hemi and put "shame on Toyota" somewhere in the subject line.
I don't really care, personally. But when someone comes on a model-specific forum like this bashing the vehicle that everyone around here loves, they deserve to get shit-stormed lol.

Anyway, welcome OP and enjoy the new truck! She will give you many years of blissful motoring joy. I've had mine for 2 years and it is one of the best choices vehicle-wise I have ever made.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
ME OFF Rd is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
ME OFF Rd's Tacoma Gallery
BigDog. I pretty much did the same thing, I bought and 08 Ram Hemi Quad cab. I really love the truck but it was BIG truck that sucked gas. I finally down sized to a 13 Off Road tacoma, it was a good choice.
And welcome!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the awesome side! You'll like it here- full of good info, awesome people and... more awesome stuff. One warning though- within days of joining, you will catch the mod bug. It is a parasite that sucks money directly out of your wallet! Somehow, all the money ends up in your truck, but nobody's figured out how that happens yet. O__o
Anyways, hope you enjoy the site and your truck.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
mad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shedmad monk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
mad monk's Tacoma Gallery
just made the switch myself from dodge. except mine went up in flames.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #8
BigDogTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
BigDogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, gas mileage was a major consideration when I swapped the Ram out for a Tacoma. So far, I love the truck but am questioning my decision toget the charcoal gray. My silver truck never showed dirt.

I agree about the mods. I am going to start with the stereo system first. The base system sounds like crap, but I do like the touch screen so I am going to stick with that.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tw and toyota