1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Tacomas

Discussion in 'New Members' started by chinkymo, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Aug 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    chinkymo

chinkymo [OP] Lurkster

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma TRD Limited
    Just thought that I would introduce myself. New to this site, not new to forums but don't expect much from me. I lurk and search more than anything. I bought a 2001 Quad Cab TRD 4X4 Limited last month with 120k miles in near perfect condition, never saw much dirt or even used the 4 wheel drive by previous owner (second owner who purchased within family). I was skeptical too, but it literally shows no signs of offroad use. Dealer serviced from day one with papers to prove it.
    No pics yet, but maybe after I change a few things. It has 17" black wheels with polished trim and tires are 265/70-17 Grabbers (the not-so- aggressive Grabbers). Theyre new, so it will be a while before I can get meatier tires. They did rub a little at full turn so I trimmed a small bit of the plastic lining the fenderwell.
    It also came with a Snugtop camper shell that will soon be up for sale (its in great shape, too if anyones wants to shoot an offer :D ) so that I can afford a small lift for it (thinking Bilstein 5100's all around and a 1.5 AAL, diff drop kit etc). Nothing special, no serious wheeling in my future- simply cosmetic.
    Anyways, thanks to everyone here, this forum is tip-top for info and ideas and you guys seems like a bunch of decent folks.

Chad

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    mike2011

mike2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 doublecab SR5
    Welcome to Tw and the Tacoma life. :wave: If I could make one suggestion (as a mechanic) go find a dirt road or a field and engauge the 4wd. Leaving it sit dormant is as bad or worse then useing it for what it was designed for

3. Aug 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    chinkymo

chinkymo [OP] Lurkster

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma TRD Limited
    I actually went out to the hills right away to do that after I got it. My last 4X4 was a Grand Cherokee AWD which removed the consideration of whether or not I needed to use it (especially in the winter). I'll need to remember this once the snow starts to fly.

4. Aug 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    ChiveOn

ChiveOn City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet

Member:
    A BC Boy in Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 6spd
    Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tonnopro Tri-fold toneau cover (for winter use only), AVS in-channel visors, Ultra Gauge, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Muteki Trail Hog 285/70/17, Pop N' Lock, Bilstein 5100's in the front set at .85 with Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100's in the rear with a Toytec AAL. Toytec drivers side spacers, Toytec diff drop kit. All Pro u-bolt flip kit, TJM Compressor (permanently mounted), Custom rack for the RTT over the bed, Tepui Kukenam RTT, Toyota Bed Mat, Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio, and a lot of gear behind the seats.
    Welcome!

Now run away and never look back as this site will kill your wallet but put a huge smile on your face.

5. Aug 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    TacoChad

TacoChad Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    '19 DSCB TRD Sport Cement
    Welcome to TacomaWorld

6. Aug 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    Mad Man Marty