Notices

New to Tacomas

Old 08-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Lurkster
chinkymo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
chinkymo's Tacoma Gallery
New to Tacomas

Just thought that I would introduce myself. New to this site, not new to forums but don't expect much from me. I lurk and search more than anything. I bought a 2001 Quad Cab TRD 4X4 Limited last month with 120k miles in near perfect condition, never saw much dirt or even used the 4 wheel drive by previous owner (second owner who purchased within family). I was skeptical too, but it literally shows no signs of offroad use. Dealer serviced from day one with papers to prove it.
No pics yet, but maybe after I change a few things. It has 17" black wheels with polished trim and tires are 265/70-17 Grabbers (the not-so- aggressive Grabbers). Theyre new, so it will be a while before I can get meatier tires. They did rub a little at full turn so I trimmed a small bit of the plastic lining the fenderwell.
It also came with a Snugtop camper shell that will soon be up for sale (its in great shape, too if anyones wants to shoot an offer ) so that I can afford a small lift for it (thinking Bilstein 5100's all around and a 1.5 AAL, diff drop kit etc). Nothing special, no serious wheeling in my future- simply cosmetic.
Anyways, thanks to everyone here, this forum is tip-top for info and ideas and you guys seems like a bunch of decent folks.

Chad
Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
mike2011 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mike2011's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to Tw and the Tacoma life. If I could make one suggestion (as a mechanic) go find a dirt road or a field and engauge the 4wd. Leaving it sit dormant is as bad or worse then useing it for what it was designed for
Old 08-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Lurkster
chinkymo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
chinkymo's Tacoma Gallery
I actually went out to the hills right away to do that after I got it. My last 4X4 was a Grand Cherokee AWD which removed the consideration of whether or not I needed to use it (especially in the winter). I'll need to remember this once the snow starts to fly.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
TacoChad is on a distinguished road
Name: Chandler
TacoChad's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TacomaWorld
Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome