Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Painting OEM rims

Old 09-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Kunz is on a distinguished road
Kunz's Tacoma Gallery
Painting OEM rims

Want to paint my wheels. Paint flaking off and bubbling really disappointed. Don't want to pull tires off rims. I will remove from the truck. Any suggestions? How and what kind of paint? etc. Thanks
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
roydog is on a distinguished road

roydog's Tacoma Gallery
Man i know what you mean... I am on the fence with powder coating or painting. I actually do like my factory wheels.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Sand
Primer
Rusteoleum professional spray paint
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Was the wheel.

Use metal sandpaper, not that cheap brown stuff. It's black and tougher. Get an assortment of grits. Move from rough to smoother grit to reduce gouging the surface.

Wash the metal dust away.

Place index cards in the slot between the rim of wheels and the inner lip of the tire. They should fan out and stand up straight.

Use a good metal or automotive primer, 2 lightist coats.

Use rustoleum black satin paint. 2 coats.