1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy from Long beach.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by deog, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Sep 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    deog

deog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    snicklefritz
    Las Vegas. As far west as you can go.
    Vehicle:
    work in progress
    gucci interior and chandelier.
    Purchased my first tacoma this weekend, a 2003 sr5 prerunner. Could not find a clean 1st gen with 5 speed and got impatient and came home with a clean auto. Only thing i wanted that i did not get was the sunroof.I have a few plans for a mid travel setup after i get a shell with windoors and i have a rack built that goes around the shell. I currently have baja designs lights and rigid lights to install as well as a odyssey battery to install in the new to me tacoma as well as gps and new stereo. First thing is to get the bed linexed, and seat covers so my dog does not destroy the seats.
    Planning some simple improvements to the suspension. probably TC upper arms and king or fox c/o's with res up front, in the rear i will have jeff at deaver build me a set of j59 springs that can carry some extra weight with the shell, rack and goodies for going to Baja and such. Will most likely go with a matching set of 2.5" smooth body shocks for the rear, extended brake lines and possibly some bumps all the way around. I only plan on running 265/75 tires and am not looking for a long travel truck that jumps in the air.
    I currently have a 2000 sr5 4x4 4runner with 5 speed that has 284,000 miles on the clock, she has a sonoran steel 1.2 kit, trd headers and exhaust, confer rack and 265/75 geolander at/s tires. she has been up and down baja and never let me down. I have always had fullsize diesel rams for my exploration and baja rigs, but i love my 4runner so much, i thought i would get me a prerunner to play with.
    I will start a simple build thread when the time comes.
    Here is my new to me tacoma before the build starts, my 4runner going to the baja 1000, a few of my dodge trucks that i sold off and my long term project , a 63 willys overland. ias well have a 67 f100 that will become a prerunner one day. My neighbors do not favor all my vehicles, but o well.
    True off road guy here.
    Thanks for having me and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend,

IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg

2. Sep 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
    deog

deog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name: