Notices

New Member From Cincinnati Here!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
ThatNewGuy is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
ThatNewGuy's Tacoma Gallery
New Member From Cincinnati Here!

Hey everyone.

My name is Nick, from the Cincinnati area. I bought my truck from Kings Toyota in February after the transmission in my 04 RX8 Grenaded for the last time. Admittedly I've been lurking for quite some time.

It's a 2005 AccessCab with the TRD Sport Package, SR5, blah blah blah in Silver Streak Metallic.

As of now it's got about 173k miles on it, I bought it with just over 150k

So far, I've wrenched on it quite a bit, Here's what's been repaired/modded since I bought it.

DDM HID's, H4 Hi/Low Kit 55 Watt, 5000k

DDM Kit in 35 Watt 3000k for the fogs as well

Redid the front brakes only to discover a few weeks later I had a stuck piston in the front passenger caliper, so again, replaced the pads and that caliper.

Replaced the water pump...

Bought myself a 40$ CAI setup off of ebay, honestly for the money spent, and my intake temps, and that amazing noise...I feel like I made out like a bandit on that.

Added my Pioneer DEH-8400BH Headunit from the RX8, replaced all speakers with infinity references that were in my room mates 350z(rip)

Plastidipped the front cross bar thing on the front bumper, I was satisfied with the look until I got hit, it was all scratched off :l

Cut out the secondary catalytic converters and welded in a straight piece of pipe, also cut out the OEM Muffler and replaced it with a Thrush Welded

....All in all, I'd guess you could say "Ballin' on a budget."

I look forward to getting to know some of the locals, if there are any haha.

Overall I love my truck, it's been the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. It doesn't flood, it doesn't go through an engine every 100k, along with a transmission, set wiring harnesses aflame. It's great!

Here's a few shitty pictures.

Getting the secondary cats removed

After said intake install

After wash and liquid glass application

Pulling home a buddy's new project.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
HankSterling is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2nd Anglico
Name: Hank
HankSterling's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Me and my son platidipped his whole car. Flat white. Came out awesome. I'm thinking of doing my 97 rcb 4x4.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from TN! Cincinnati looks like a cool city. we pass thru(and right past kinds island) on our way to buffalo NY to see family.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Hello there Go Bengals!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
Thanks for the welcome guys! You all have some beautiful trucks, admittedly in much better shape than mine is in lol.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankSterling View Post
Nice! Me and my son platidipped his whole car. Flat white. Came out awesome. I'm thinking of doing my 97 rcb 4x4.

My room mate and I just plastidipped quite a few parts on his 06 Cooper S. Including interior bits. Gotta say I love the stuff.

Everything you see that's black minus the fender flares used to be white.

Turned out pretty damned good if I do say so myself. Yes, that's me in the car haha.