Notices

When Headlight on, Speedometer light out

Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
un2gsus is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aerospace Rescue & medic
Name: DAN
un2gsus's Tacoma Gallery
Cool When Headlight on, Speedometer light out

Guys, I do not know where to look for the problem in fixing this one. Is it a recalled item? It is not a fuse, some say it is not a Relay, but the switch itself. Can anyone contribute to diagnosing my problem.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
bump==thats a wierd one-probably a simple fix
Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Is it just the speedo or all the lights? Maybe turn up the dimmer?
FUCKING BRILLIANT--thats probably IT.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My thoughts exactly... the dimmer switch is to the left of your gauges. Try it and report back.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
un2gsus is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aerospace Rescue & medic
Name: DAN
un2gsus's Tacoma Gallery
That's It... Duh!

Guys,

I am not an ignorant man by far, however, you have caught me in a senior moment (my First).

I do not adjust the dimmer ever, and I would guess it was the non-english speaking car wash helper that actually wiped down my dash for the first time.

He must have turned it down unintentionally.

Thanks again, now I can return my Haynes Handbook on the truck to AutoZone.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
First time? Oh man, hang in there, they don't stop. Hell I've had senior moments since 36.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #9

LOL Senior moment--that is nothing. Just a simple oversight!!
Truck owners never grow up.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #10
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by un2gsus View Post
Guys,

I am not an ignorant man by far, however, you have caught me in a senior moment (my First).

I do not adjust the dimmer ever, and I would guess it was the non-english speaking car wash helper that actually wiped down my dash for the first time.

He must have turned it down unintentionally.

Thanks again, now I can return my Haynes Handbook on the truck to AutoZone.
You're not the first or last for that one. The first time that happened to me, it was when my one year old was pulling with the steering wheel, I never even thought about that, just that, "WTF and how did he brake it?"