LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

In the market for a Tacoma. 4x4 or 4x2 prerunner?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
thatoneasianguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnny
thatoneasianguy's Tacoma Gallery
In the market for a Tacoma. 4x4 or 4x2 prerunner?

I've switched from small sports cars over to trucks. I'm not sure if I should save a bit of money and go with the 2nd gen 4x2 Prerunners or just get a 4x4 v6. I go to the mountains in the winter to go snowboarding and would like to take it off-road as well. It would primarily just take me to school and work though, maybe some hauling of whatnot in the bed.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 is the way to go! A Tacoma in general tho, is something to brag about it...
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
4x4, you won't be disappointed or regret your decision I don't think.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunners are good but not quite as good as the 4x4. But they still kick ass
Old 09-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going into the mountains during winter you'll want 4x4.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
CYCLESARGE will become famous soon enoughCYCLESARGE will become famous soon enough
CYCLESARGE's Tacoma Gallery
My first new Toyota was a 1998 Prerunner. LOVED the truck except the 10 times or so I took it up in the mountains to go snowboarding. I got stuck a couple times plus had a couple squirrelly moments. The straw that broke the camel's back was we were giving my wife's friend a ride up to the ski area, a school bus had gotten crossed up on the road so everyone had to stop. When we were free to go again, I couldn't get traction enough to go though. Cars were going around us, giving dirty looks and even a few birds, as I was spinning and trying to get somewhere I could get a little traction. Eventually I got off the road, and into some powdery snow, with gravel underneath, I STILL needed to have my wife and her friend get in the back. Her friend asked "why don't you just put it in four wheel drive?" I explained, that it only LOOKED like a 4wd, which was met with a look that conveyed "WTF?" The next time I went up was in a 4X4 Tundra TRD.