1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Gage05, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Sep 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    Gage05

Gage05 [OP] Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Just a few weeks ago I purchased a new 2013 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4 and I have to say I absolutely love it!!!!! This is the first truck I have ever owned. What a fun truck to drive.

I was actually worried, based upon comments I read in some forums, that the 4x4 with the automatic would be really slow, but I'm happy with the acceleration so far. It does well enough and when I put my foot down I can pass other cars without much trouble. I can blow the doors off of any stock Smart car.....no really I can.....and I did. True story. :).

I test drove an access cab with a V6 and an SR5 package. It was nice. I won't lie. The V6 had plenty of power. The dealer spent his time trying to convince me that the V6 access cab is what I wanted.....but his voice faded into the background when we drove past a Regular Cab. I just fell in love with the simplicity of it, and I knew it's what I wanted. So I told the dealer thanks, but no thanks, and found a less pressure tactics dealer that had a regular cab in the color I wanted.

I would have considered a V6 if Toyota offered it in a regular cab but they don’t. The reason I got the automatic is because it comes with the separate bucket seats and center arm rest console with storage compartment. If the 5 speed manual came with that I would have considered it as well.

Plus, I went to the drive-thru the other day, rolled down my manual window, and that thing came down like lightning! 0 to Down in like one second. The manual window wins against the power window in acceleration testing. Badass! :).

I've been having a blast driving around in my badassmobile ever since I bought it. I had a lot of power options on my Honda Accord V6 so far I've not missed any of them. The throw-you-back-in-your-seat acceleration was nice, but I'm not missing that a whole lot either since I have a 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 if I really feel like I need to go fast.

.....and as an added bonus I get to call my friends using the wonderful hands free Bluetooth connection to my cellphone, AND listen to my wonderful William Shatner songs on my USB drive. I didn't even know I was going to get this with my truck when I bought it....wait.....what?.....you mean I get to listen to THE SHAT whenever I want from my USB flash drive......get out of here! .

Anyway, I’m loving my truck. I don't need to convince you guys how awesome the Toyota Tacoma is.

I still need to test out the 4-wheel drive system off road sometime so if any of you live in my area and would like to go off road.....nothing too extreme.....that would be awesome.

Here are some pictures of the new truck.

20130817_135612.jpg
    20130817_135629.jpg
    20130817_135653.jpg
    20130817_135700.jpg
    20130817_135737.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome to TW and congrats on the new truck!

3. Sep 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    Welcome to TW

4. Sep 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    unRAVeled

unRAVeled Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Magneto
    3" Lift Upfront 1" AAL Backend
    Aloha and welcome to TW! Where are you from? Don't know where your area is.

5. Sep 6, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    eray

eray Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sulphur La.
    Vehicle:
    2013 base 2.7
    After market fog lights, after market 17" wheels
    Welcome

6. Sep 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Gage05

Gage05 [OP] Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    Thanks Everyone!

.....and my location is in the Knoxville, TN area. Sorry I didn't add that to my profile. I'll correct that here shortly.

Thanks Again! :).

Products Discussed in

To Top