Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello Everyone!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Gage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the rough
Gage05's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Just a few weeks ago I purchased a new 2013 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4 and I have to say I absolutely love it!!!!! This is the first truck I have ever owned. What a fun truck to drive.

I was actually worried, based upon comments I read in some forums, that the 4x4 with the automatic would be really slow, but I'm happy with the acceleration so far. It does well enough and when I put my foot down I can pass other cars without much trouble. I can blow the doors off of any stock Smart car.....no really I can.....and I did. True story. .

I test drove an access cab with a V6 and an SR5 package. It was nice. I won't lie. The V6 had plenty of power. The dealer spent his time trying to convince me that the V6 access cab is what I wanted.....but his voice faded into the background when we drove past a Regular Cab. I just fell in love with the simplicity of it, and I knew it's what I wanted. So I told the dealer thanks, but no thanks, and found a less pressure tactics dealer that had a regular cab in the color I wanted.

I would have considered a V6 if Toyota offered it in a regular cab but they donít. The reason I got the automatic is because it comes with the separate bucket seats and center arm rest console with storage compartment. If the 5 speed manual came with that I would have considered it as well.

Plus, I went to the drive-thru the other day, rolled down my manual window, and that thing came down like lightning! 0 to Down in like one second. The manual window wins against the power window in acceleration testing. Badass! .

I've been having a blast driving around in my badassmobile ever since I bought it. I had a lot of power options on my Honda Accord V6 so far I've not missed any of them. The throw-you-back-in-your-seat acceleration was nice, but I'm not missing that a whole lot either since I have a 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 if I really feel like I need to go fast.

.....and as an added bonus I get to call my friends using the wonderful hands free Bluetooth connection to my cellphone, AND listen to my wonderful William Shatner songs on my USB drive. I didn't even know I was going to get this with my truck when I bought it....wait.....what?.....you mean I get to listen to THE SHAT whenever I want from my USB flash drive......get out of here! .

Anyway, Iím loving my truck. I don't need to convince you guys how awesome the Toyota Tacoma is.

I still need to test out the 4-wheel drive system off road sometime so if any of you live in my area and would like to go off road.....nothing too extreme.....that would be awesome.

Here are some pictures of the new truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Everyone!-20130817_135612.jpg   Hello Everyone!-20130817_135629.jpg   Hello Everyone!-20130817_135653.jpg   Hello Everyone!-20130817_135700.jpg   Hello Everyone!-20130817_135737.jpg  

Old 09-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW and congrats on the new truck!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 09-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Army: Big Red 1
Name: Derrick
unRAVeled's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha and welcome to TW! Where are you from? Don't know where your area is.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
eray is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shederay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation electricians mate, USS Enterprise
Name: Eric
eray's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 09-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
Gage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the roughGage05 is a jewel in the rough
Gage05's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Everyone!

.....and my location is in the Knoxville, TN area. Sorry I didn't add that to my profile. I'll correct that here shortly.

Thanks Again! .