1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi from Colorado fellow Tacoma enthusiasts!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by DD977GM2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Sep 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    DD977GM2

DD977GM2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma ext cab TRD package
    Hi everyone,

I finally decided to become a member. I have always been a fan of Toyota 4x4 pickups.
    I had a 91 Toyota pickup while I was in the Navy and she survived a sandwich wreck when
    I was hit sitting still and the person that rear-ended me was going at around 50 mph.
    Turned the bed into a inverted V and I only seperated my shoulder. I was able to drive it
    home and then engine siezed and coasted into my parking spot.

I currently have just an 2007 Toyota Tacoma with access cab. I use it mainly for work in the oilfield
    and I don't really baby it like past vehicles I have owned. It sees craptastic weather and even
    worse rig roads. I run Dick Cepek Mud Country tires, LT265/75R16 and that is about all the upgrades
    or mods I have done. I have been in deep mud and snow and {knock on wood} have not been stuck.
    I have pulled out more full size American made trucks and SUVs then I can count too. My Taco kicks
    a$$ and will be getting another one or maybe even a Tundra. Still up in the air about that one though.

I was in the Navy for 4 years and learned to 4 wheel in Moyock, North Carolina in that snotty mud.
    I learned a lot and definatly has been useful base for 4 wheeling etc.
    I am a former Gunners Mate 2nd class and worked on the Mk 41 VLS Tomahawk (Vertical Launching System) launcher.
    I was able to fire a few birds on some deserving targets and unfortunatly missed out on the fun in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So with that, hope to meet some cool people and learn more about my truck to make it even better then it already is.
    Thanks for your time and look forward to learning from you all.

GM2

Here I am about 40 miles south of Vernal, Utah a few years ago.
    Had some Fierce Attitude M/T on them. As gay as it sounds, they held up for around 45k miles and didnt chunk
    on the desert roads and sharp rocks etc. They are the budget tires from Kelly which is owned by Goodyear.

Taco_Vernal_03_zpsfef1fc87_c31a6a35207d48961c4635bff71aa96679b0428f.jpg

Taco_Vernal_04_zps6cb4f380_4be38efe0b9f99124f2eee92a371880e2f3e57d8.jpg

Taco_Vernal_02_zps44f47da7_8a099cdc69f1ebef16405f96ad558dcf1b80cc31.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. Sep 7, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW from Cali and thank you for your service!

Products Discussed in

To Top