1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco Owner (Former FJ Cruiser Nut)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taco Bull, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Sep 21, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    Taco Bull

Taco Bull [OP] New Taco *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Beaver Falls, PA
    Vehicle:
    13 Base SR5
    Backseat bench for Pup, Alloy factory wheels, factory 16" steel wheels for future winter tires, Backflip G2, BedRug
    Whats up All? I am making simple changes to the Taco, but I do want to mess with Tire sizes. I have the Factory steel Wheels, along with all accessories, plus I negotiated a set of the 16" alloys from the Dealer (A friend of mine). The alloys I think I am going to have a set of AT type tires, please advise any thoughts on a tire that wll rarely go off road and I like a quiet tire... but I still would like an agressive looking tire. I was thinking of wither " Cooper At3, Mich LTX AT2, Firestone Dest AT, Goodear Silent Armor, or any other good tires I am not thinking of - COMMENTS WELCOME! The base tire is P245/75/16, and I ASSUME you can put 265/70/16 on the same rim if desired. My second request is, has anyone gone with a tire like a 215/85/16 for that tall skinny tire look? - On my winter set of steel wheels and Winter tires, I am thinking of Firestone Dest LE2 or Blizzaks... but I am thinking of using the narrow tire for this set..
    Please advise any thoughts or criticisms of trying a tire like that, and also do you think the manufacturer rims will work ok with that narrow tire?

2. Sep 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! I have 265/75/16 Mich LTX AT2's on FJ rims. They are quiet and handle great on wet roads. I have about 40,000 miles on them and they have a lot more miles to go. I don't use them much off road, but have been very satisfied with their overall performance. Hope this helps.

3. Sep 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    Taco Bull

Taco Bull [OP] New Taco *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Beaver Falls, PA
    Vehicle:
    13 Base SR5
    Backseat bench for Pup, Alloy factory wheels, factory 16" steel wheels for future winter tires, Backflip G2, BedRug
    Thanks, I think that tire has a huge foillowing, from what I see. I am sure you get what you pay for in gnereal when it come to tires...

4. Sep 21, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Welcome! my buddy has a ’11 trail teams FJ, with 3” top gun customs lift. got a few pic in my build thread of it.

his came with 265/75 BFG all terrains and hey put 295/70 on it after his lift. they are great tires, i have 265/75r16 nitto terra grapplers on my truck and love them as well!

one think i would make 100% sure on is they are snow rated and do good in snow, with living in PA. i went to buffalo NY back in jan and drove around in 10” maybe12” of powder snow in 4wd with no problems at all.

Products Discussed in

To Top