1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Toyota {jeep convertor}

Discussion in 'New Members' started by watfordr, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Sep 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    watfordr

watfordr [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rex
    Everett
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma TRD
    Nothing yet, which is why I joined this sit :]
    So my first thread, like the title says I used to have a jeep xj 4.5 lift 33 plenty more mods,however, time after time on the trails I would see toyota just exceeding my expectations which is what got me hooked.
    So I need some advise, help, expertise and maybe a shoulder to cry on ;). I just bought a 2000 tacoma TRD 3.4L 5spd bought it off a older lady so really has not been abused but has been neglected in some areas such as maintenance. The shocks front/back and leaf springs are shot they need to be replaced. So here is where the advise comes I never delt with IFS what should I do I would like a 3-4 inch lift do I replace the rear leaf springs and get a bigger pack or do I just add a leaf? What size shocks do I need? as for the front I would like to go with a coil over lift what should I get? do I need to change control arms or extend my steering ? I am mechanically able just dont want to waste a bunch of money any advice would help. Also shoulder i run tube bumpers appose to plate which are much more heavy? Thanks for reading Sláinte

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. Sep 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :wave: