Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Seller - Gauntlet Overland Gear

Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
GOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Gauntlet Overland Gear
GOG's Tacoma Gallery
New Seller - Gauntlet Overland Gear

Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce ourselves! We're a new company dedicated to building and reselling select, high quality products to outfit your trucks.

We are Tacoma enthusiasts ourselves, and have been compulsively upgrading and driving our trucks like everyone here. I'm proud to introduce our company to TacomaWorld, as this site has been the main resource I've used for the past 6 years.

The focus of our products is primarily Tacoma, although we have some other vehicle specific products, and general products for Off-roading, Overlanding, and camping, etc.

Below are of products we're currently selling please check our website as we have competitive pricing on the products we believe are the best, and will be continually adding new products.

Front Runner DoubleCab Roof Rack

Roof Rack Accessories

Gauntlet Overland Gear DC Rock Sliders

Tactical M.O.L.L.E Seat Covers

Maxtrax

Storage Solutions (Pelican and Wolf Pack Cases)

New products will be continually added, and please let us know if you're interested in other products from the same manufacturers we sell!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
HMmm those sliders almost make me wanna change mine out
Old 10-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
yoda2006 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
yoda2006's Tacoma Gallery
Do the seat covers fit on the sport seats? And also is there a way to have TRD stiched into them like the Wet Okole seat covers? All your products look great and welcome to TW
Old 10-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
MattB77 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
Make a roof rack for the access cab please!!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
GOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the rough

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB77 View Post
Make a roof rack for the access cab please!!
I do believe Front Runner is working on it!! If I can get a timeframe, I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda2006 View Post
Do the seat covers fit on the sport seats? And also is there a way to have TRD stiched into them like the Wet Okole seat covers? All your products look great and welcome to TW
We do have seat covers that fit the sport seats. We can have custom embroidery done, however the TRD logo is trademarked and so we legally cannot sell products with their logo. If we get enough demand we will pursue approval/licensing to resell Toyota's logo on our seat covers.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Salt is on a distinguished road

Salt's Tacoma Gallery
welcome GOG!

Congrats on getting GOG off the ground!

Your sliders have a unique aesthetic that I really appreciate, nice work. The GOG logo and branding is also spot on, very cool and well done.

I must also commend you're stance on domestic & alternate production / sourcing platforms for your product assortment. Trust me I get it. I work for a house of outdoor equipment brands in Boulder as a product manager. Unfortunately as the outdoor market dictates, excluding some of our military programs, all of our products are produced overseas. Each season this reality weighs on me more and more. I would like nothing more than to make my living developing and producing products in the US, with US sourced materials. We should all support domestic sourcing and production whenever possible.

I wish you're company the best success and steady growth as you continue to develop your GOG products and category assortments.

Please start ID'ing on an aftermarket bumper, with a swing-away, hitch receiver, integrated fold down table, modular attachment mount system, and a rear view camera relocation option.

Cheers,

Salt
Lyons, CO
Old 10-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Some good looking stuff man. Looking forward to seeing your future products

Also I assume the seat covers are sold in pairs
Old 10-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Those sliders look bad ass. You list them as a double cab/5' bed. Will they fit on an access cab?

I like them. But they are way out of my price for a set of sliders
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #11

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Congrats on getting GOG off the ground!

Your sliders have a unique aesthetic that I really appreciate, nice work. The GOG logo and branding is also spot on, very cool and well done.

I must also commend you're stance on domestic & alternate production / sourcing platforms for your product assortment. Trust me I get it. I work for a house of outdoor equipment brands in Boulder as a product manager. Unfortunately as the outdoor market dictates, excluding some of our military programs, all of our products are produced overseas. Each season this reality weighs on me more and more. I would like nothing more than to make my living developing and producing products in the US, with US sourced materials. We should all support domestic sourcing and production whenever possible.

I wish you're company the best success and steady growth as you continue to develop your GOG products and category assortments.

Please start ID'ing on an aftermarket bumper, with a swing-away, hitch receiver, integrated fold down table, modular attachment mount system, and a rear view camera relocation option.

Cheers,

Salt
Lyons, CO
Thank you! We've chosen our path not because it's the easy way to make a profit, but because it supports up our beliefs. Our own products are made here and that's something we're proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
Some good looking stuff man. Looking forward to seeing your future products

Also I assume the seat covers are sold in pairs
Thanks! Yes - the seat covers are selected as a (front or rear) pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Those sliders look bad ass. You list them as a double cab/5' bed. Will they fit on an access cab?

I like them. But they are way out of my price for a set of sliders
The access cab body mounts are different and interfere with the mounting plate. However, we're modifying it to fit the Access Cab. So it is slightly different from the DC, but will fit in the same manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Welcome to TW! And nice products. Can I see the roof rack on a tacoma?
Thanks! Sure - is this pic good enough? Also have pics of it in action, dirty on the trail.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
what are the dimensions of Wolf Pack Storage Box? how does it compare to a action pack?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #15

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
what are the dimensions of Wolf Pack Storage Box? how does it compare to a action pack?

Here are the dimensions: 19.7 x 15.7 x 9 in

Action Packers have their use, but for our rigs I like the size and profile of the Wolf Packs. The lids fit more securely, the sidewalls are stronger and don't flex/bend like the action packers do (especially when overstuffed). They stack better and don't slide around like the Action Packers seem to always do, and are also easier to tie down. I would compare the Wolf Packs to more like an ammo box and the Action Packer to more like a basic plastic bin. Hope that helps?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG View Post
Here are the dimensions: 19.7 x 15.7 x 9 in

Action Packers have their use, but for our rigs I like the size and profile of the Wolf Packs. The lids fit more securely, the sidewalls are stronger and don't flex/bend like the action packers do (especially when overstuffed). They stack better and don't slide around as bad, and are easier to tie down. I would compare the Wolf Packs to more like an ammo box and the Action Packer to more like a basic plastic bin. Hope that helps?
awesome, thanks for the description
Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #17
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
great looking hardware!

How does the high lift rest on the sliders. Its hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like its battling the angle of the slider.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #18

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by llibrm View Post
great looking hardware!

How does the high lift rest on the sliders. Its hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like its battling the angle of the slider.
Fits great, almost like it was designed to accommodate a hi-lift jack. We had to use this in the jungles of Guatemala when I ripped the sidewalls of two tires, and had to jack the both driver side tires to switch two tires at once.

It's fairly tight up against the truck, you just need to make sure the hi-lift foot doesn't slide on the ground! (As always - be careful with those!)

Old 11-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping to Canada Very Reasonible

Calling all Canucks.

I just placed an order for an Overland rack and shipping to the 'great white north' was very reasonable! ... probably the first time I've EVER said that.

Thanks Aaron!

... and let loose the maple syrup jokes... Oz to defend
Old 11-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #20

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I could help, Ross! I know you're going to enjoy that Rack - it's awesome! Hope you'll post some pics when you get 'er installed!